CurlTalk

I now "dry clean" my hair *update: picture*

I was using mousse to refresh second- or third-day hair, but it was getting too producty. I keep a spray bottle with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water in the bathroom to clean/disinfect. I didn't have another bottle for water the other day, so I thought, "what the heck" and sprayed my hair and scrunched. It really curled up! It frizzed a bit but I was able to tame it with straightening cream and then I had shiny spirals in third-day hair. I never thought it possible.
"For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella

Comments

• mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    um ... isn't rubbing alcohol bound to be super duper drying for your hair?

:?

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• modegrrlmodegrrl Posts: 273Registered Users
    Haven't had any problems. I only wash twice a week and the conditioner and gel balance the moisture level. My hair's pretty indestructible.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

• bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    Wow - seems to work for you. Your hair is beautiful.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • st. louis bluest. louis blue Posts: 404Registered Users
    Well, your hair's beauty speaks for itself, but I am agog at the rubbing alcohol. Agog. I could not bring myself to try it. When rubbing alcohol gets on my skin I get something approaching an excema patch of dryness; I can't imagine what it would do to my hair.
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Your hair looks fantastic in the pic!!!! Beautiful big loopy curls :)
    Kim
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    stop tempting me dang it!
    Your hair looks great!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I hate you :cry: 8)
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    Thank you everyone. :) It's pretty shiny, but the pic was taken under fluorescent light, which seems to dull shine. (Ever notice you look kind of dead at work but fabulous in a nice mall store?) If you're afraid to try this, do it on a day you don't need to go anywhere. But it probably won't be the disaster you think it will. I use 60% or 70% alcohol and mix 2 parts of it to 1 part water, give or take. I should add that my gel has coconut oil and hemp oil in it; I don't know if that makes a difference. And I should also mention I only wet it when I shampoo, which is 2 or 3 times a week.