Curly stylist in Charlotte, NC (Cornelius)

hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
I had my first haircut today with April at South Mane in Cornelius. I have to say, that for the first time in my life, I felt like someone who knew how to handle curly hair was in charge of cutting mine. It started when she returned my call for an appointment, she took the time to ask me what was going on with my hair, how I felt about it, etc. Once I got into the chair today, we talked about my maintenance level (or lackthereof). She played with if for a few minutes (keep in mine, I have fragile, long thin curls). Then, she misted it and cut it dry, picking up curls and cutting them one at a time. Then, she cut shaped it up. Then, she washed. She gave me a ton of tips for things to help my curls stay curls (it's humid here in Charlotte and I tend to be a frizz-head). Then, she applied product and dried with a diffuser. when I left, I actually had curls instead of frizz. I will definitely be going back!
Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file