Yummy Low Carb Dessert

riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I've been watching my carbs lately. Not full blown Atkins, but trying to eat more protien that carbs in a day. Today, I wanted something sweet badly and looked up recipes online. I found this one that is basically a pudding:

Take 1 box of sugar free Jell-O any flavour. Make as directed. When Jell-O is getting thick- but not solid yet- beat the dickens out of it with a mixer - you want it frothy and creamy looking. Then add 8oz of softened cream cheese. Beat some more (a lot if you want it totally mixed in, a little if you like little hunks of cheese in it still). Add 2 packets equal, mix well and set aside. Next, take a little carton 8oz of whipping cream and whip it into cream adding 2 packets of equal.

With a spatula or large spoon carefully FOLD it into the Jell-O mixture (if you beat this in you will knock all the air out of the cream and destroy it). It will look marbled with the Jell-O and the white cream - swirly sort of. Put in the refrigerator for an hour to re-gel. Then enjoy, it is wonderful!

I used Raspberry Jello and Sweet and Low instead of Equal. Came out really rich and creamy. Very filling.

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: riotkitty ]
Have several allergies and sensitivities.
Current products
Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file