Can't Read Labels

NatkatNatkat Registered Users Posts: 10
Hello everyone.

Since joining this site my hair looks better than it ever has. I was curious about the ingredients in the products I've been using and so decided to check it out. Problem is I CAN'T SEE THE FREAKIN' PRINT on the bottles! Even with my reading glasses the print is so eensy beensy that I can't read it. Is it me or did the print get smaller on shampoo bottles.

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    It's crazy, isn't it? Maybe the print is smaller! It's certainly is hard to read - even with contacts....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I feel like either they don't want us to read what's in the product, or it costs them less money to print tiny. But it's annoying!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • lioneselionese Registered Users Posts: 140 Curl Neophyte
    Geez, I thought it was just me!! I usually play up the old lady act and ask a nice young person to help me read them! I swear some of those ingredients lists look like thin black lines! Sometimes I wonder if there really are any words printed there at all!
  • kasdenkasden Registered Users Posts: 1,045 Curl Connoisseur
    It's crazy! Ever notice that the text for ingredients is a different font than the rest of the text? It's smaller than the rest of the text on the bottle and it's smooshed!

I have one of these magnifying bookmarks. I'm going to carry it in my purse so I'll have it whenever the PJ comes out in me! Bwa ha ha - they can't stop us!!!!
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • curlyinohiocurlyinohio Registered Users Posts: 362
    Sounds like it's time to see an eye doctor! This is the age when people develop presbyopia, and closeup vision becomes distorted. If store bought reading glasses don't help, then you need to have regular optically ground reading glasses. If you don't want to do that, there are small magnifiers you can carry in your purse. I'm thinking of getting one so I can read the labels on makeup. I have glasses, but the ingredients on makeup labels is REALLY small!
    Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
    Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night
  • SaraiSarai Registered Users Posts: 42
    I carry a pair of extra-strong reading glasses in my purse specifically for label-reading... :)
    Be here now. Be somewhere else later.

CG since 12/2009; going gray since 1982.
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    Yes, I'm one of those presbyopic ladies who stares at the bottles all googly-eyed, moving the bottle back and forth, bobbing my head up and down to look through the bottom part of my progressive bifocal glasses telling myself the whole time "I'm not old, I'm NOT old, I'm NOT OLD! These letters are just way too TEENY!" :glasses9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • crwrittcrwritt Registered Users Posts: 705 Curl Neophyte
    I have a feeling they just don't want you to be able to read it. Not only is the print too small to be read with normal eyesight or with reading glasses, the bottles are
    shiny, or the ink doesn't contrast enough to be read. My new rule: If I can't read the label, I don't buy it.
  • xxxxxxxxxx Registered Users Posts: 94
    x
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    i cant read labels either. nor can i decipher those little codes on the websites you have to decipher so they know you are a person and not a spambot. i feel like a cranky old coot complaining that the print is too small on everything. luckily reading glasses are only $1 at the dollar store!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • likethegumlikethegum Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Neophyte
    Totally off-topic: Sarai, I LOVE your hair! It's absolutely gorgeous, the colour is beautiful. I hope mine looks so good someday (I love the idea of going grey!)
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• SaraiSarai Registered Users Posts: 42
    likethegum wrote: »
    Totally off-topic: Sarai, I LOVE your hair! It's absolutely gorgeous, the colour is beautiful. I hope mine looks so good someday (I love the idea of going grey!)

Thanks! To be honest, when I first saw one of those pics of me in full sunlight, I was shocked - my hair still looks darker indoors in the mirror - but have grown to enjoy the effect. :)
    Be here now. Be somewhere else later.

CG since 12/2009; going gray since 1982.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file