Celebrity baby names...what were they thinking!?!?!?

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Many of those names seem perfectly reasonable to me (Fifi-Trixibelle is a little different, though....)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Peaches Honeyblossom and Little Pixie are kind of awful. And as much as I am a Bono fan, saddling a kid with Elijah Bob Patricus Guggi Q seems a bit much.

The crazy names, to me, just speak volumes about the ego of the parents. Yes, you do get to name the child. But that child has to grow up and live with that name.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Moxie Crimefighter ?
    Pilot Inspektor?
    Moon Unit?

I have to show these to my husband! He thinks I am a little "out there" with my choice of names!

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    shelli wrote:
    Moxie Crimefighter ?
    Pilot Inspektor?
    Moon Unit?

I have to show these to my husband! He thinks I am a little "out there" with my choice of names!

Oh yeah, those and CGE's example are pretty out there. But Rowan Francis or Elijah Blue or Lourdes Maria don't seem so bad.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Zowie Bowie? That poor kid.

Also, when I think of "Satchel," I think of the dog in the "Get Fuzzy" comic strip.

For some reason, Jason Lee gets really offended in interviews when he discusses reactions to Pilot Inspektor's name. Yes, it's not nice to make fun of the kid's name, but really, what did you expect?

And Diva Muffin? Moon Unit? Does Frank Zappa hate children or something?
  • katethegreatkatethegreat Posts: 801Registered Users
    heehee

my favorite is zephyr! What will that kid's nickname be? Zeph? Er? Zephy?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For some reason, Jason Lee gets really offended in interviews when he discusses reactions to Pilot Inspektor's name. Yes, it's not nice to make fun of the kid's name, but really, what did you expect?

Hey, you want to give your baby an ultra uhriguhnull name, be prepared. If HE thinks HE'S getting crap, wait till the poor kid starts school.
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Posts: 341Registered Users
    "Diva Muffin" and "Moon Unit"? Then again, this was Zappa...

thanks for the list, it was both enlightening and entertaining! :D
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I agree with Amneris ( :shock: :wink: ). SOme of the names are crazy, but some are reasonable. Seems like anything *gasp* foreign-sounding made the list. Cause everyone should be named Timmy and Sally.

I wonder if Rachel Griffiiths' kid Banjo is named after Banjo Paterson, the Australian poet.
    Also, I bet Sting's daughter Fuschia was named after a character from the Gormenghast books, I read somewhere that Sting once owned the rights to the books.

So yeah, some of those names are "look at me I'm an attention whore" but I am sure lots of them are references that are meaningful to the parents but that we might not get.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I agree that some of the names aren't bad at all. I personally liked: Lyric, Phoenix, Sage, Ryder, Hazel, Willow, and Scout. I think those are cute!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file