do you have this problem . . .

curlygirl:]curlygirl:] Posts: 5Registered Users
I have 3b/3c hair and if i don't put any products ( gel , mousse , curl cream , those things ) in my hair , it straightens . I'll still have a few ( 4a ) curls left but for the most part my hair just gets straight and HUGE. I wanted to know if you hair does the same thing or am i just " special ".

I dont have any pictures sorry :(
"I often have the fantasy that curly girls are mermaids who have had to adapt to life on dry land. We come from the sea. The ocean is in our blood. It sings through our heart and lungs, our skin and hair. Our curls require the nourishment only a watery environment can provide. Both ocean waves and curly hair are forces of nature that can't be tamed. We can only accept and admire their power and beauty."
Lorraine Massey (Curly Girl) :nemo:

Comments

• ellie.xoellie.xo Posts: 11Registered Users
    First off all your are not 'special' I have this problem too and I have too put products on my hair to stop it from going big and huge, and straight frizz. I dont think there is another way to stop it apart from products or getting it relaxed. I dont see the problem in using products and its great if you can find the right ones.
    I use redken curl definer, and then spray hot curl by loreal onto my hair and it goes lovely and curly and non-poofy. Maybe you should try this and see if it work for you :)
    As we're in out teens most of this could be hormones, stress, or just getting so frustrated by it, it gets worse. So don't worry about it, most people with curly hair have our problem but it's really not that bad if you have the right products to control the curl :)
    I hope this helped if you have any more questions just comment back!
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with the above post. Your hair is not really a special case.

I have a couple questions though.
    Do you shower in the morning or at night? If you shower at night, what do you do to your hair to keep it in place?

What is your washing method? Even with no product, just the way you scrunch it and even the water you use can make a big difference.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09
  • curlygirl:]curlygirl:] Posts: 5Registered Users
    I shower at night and usualy do a really loose bun , but i wet my hair in the morning ( like soaking wet ). I co-wash sunday and wednesday with suave naturals coconut conditioner. I condition everyday with tresemme smooth and silky. :)
    "I often have the fantasy that curly girls are mermaids who have had to adapt to life on dry land. We come from the sea. The ocean is in our blood. It sings through our heart and lungs, our skin and hair. Our curls require the nourishment only a watery environment can provide. Both ocean waves and curly hair are forces of nature that can't be tamed. We can only accept and admire their power and beauty."
    Lorraine Massey (Curly Girl) :nemo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file