I'm turning into a chimp :p

SkiaSkia Posts: 47Registered Users
I have been a cg for only 1 month. I have decided to start some vitamins to help my hair grow faster.
These supplements I'm taking contain biotin, zinc, folic acid, pantothenic acid and niacin.
I must admit that my hair is growing a little faster than before. The problem is that I am turning into a chimp using these vitamins. In other words, I have to wax my legs once or twice a week (I used to do so once every 15 days) and tweeze my eyebrows very often.
Not to mention about my nails (do you remember Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker when they played on Hocus Pocus, this is how my nails will be if I don't cut them twice a week :geek:)
Is this enormous growth of the hair all over the body normal? Should I take one vitamin every other day instead of daily?
I do want my hair to grow faster, but I didn't expect so quick results :laughing3:
Any advice regarding hair growth (except vitamin supplements) would be appreciated :D
GCG (Greek Curly Girl) since May 2010 :love5:
3a/3b (although I have some really annoying straight pieces underneath), medium texture, normal porosity, medium to low elasticity

Condish: Korres Acacia Milk Conditioner
Styling: Korres Bamboo Styling Cream for Curly Hair
Currently experimenting with lots of organic cone-free & sulfate-free products

Skia ..means "The Shadow" in Greek

Comments

• HotroxHotrox Posts: 26Registered Users
    Hi, I just wanted to say its pretty normal I think!

I am taking MSM and the GNC hair, skin and nails tablets. I didn't see results as quick as you but after about 2 months I am having to shave my legs nearly every day if I want to wear skirts, daily eye brow plucking and cut my nails at least once a week.

I am desperate to grow my hair long so am putting up with the 'side effects' and just reminding myself that although I can't see it as clearly (big shrinkage) it must be happening on my head as well!

If you don't want the other effects, perhaps halve the dose for a little while
    Curl type: 3a
    Texture: normal
    Porosity: normal
    CG: Since 15th June 2010, abandoned on the 19th. Modified CG since 20th June.........

Low Poo: Aurstalia Organics
    CO: Natures Gate mosituring condish
    Style: V05 Wavy Gel
  • SkiaSkia Posts: 47Registered Users
    Thank you very much for your reply!
    I am trying to grow my hair out and this is the first time I am taking tablets. I've read some threads on this section, dated since 2007, where other girls had the same "side effects" :toothy8:
    3a/3b (although I have some really annoying straight pieces underneath), medium texture, normal porosity, medium to low elasticity

• HoneyflowerHoneyflower Posts: 30Registered Users
    I've been taking 900 mcg of Biotin and Vitamin D and I have experienced those same side effects. Bad enough that I usually do my eyebrows every 3 weeks, now I have to do them every 2 weeks! My hair is currently in twist, so it's hard to tell if it has impacted my new growth. My nails are growing long too, I just wish they would grow stronger.
    Currently at Shoulder Length 3C/4A (I think)
    Transitioning my hair after a very bad dye job that ruined my hair. I went from MBL to SL in a matter of months! 10 months post.
    My Fotki
  • Pretty_VeePretty_Vee Posts: 92Registered Users
    Skia, what vitamins are they?
    Regimen:
    Shampoo 1x/wk - Kera Care Hydrating Detangling & Giovanni TTT
    DC: Lustrasilk Olive Oil Conditioner
    Moisturize/Style: Shea Moisture DTM
    Seal: EVO, Jojoba & Sweet Almond Oil mixed to seal.

"One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation." - Arthur Ashe
  • SkiaSkia Posts: 47Registered Users
    Hi! I am taking the following combination of tablets:

1 multivitamin (among all, it contains 150mg Biotin)
    1 tablet of Abtei silica (contains 1000mg silica)
    1 tablet of Abtei "Haar Vital" (these are some tablets I bought while I was in Germany) (contains 1.2mg Vitamin B1, 1.4mg Vitamin B2, 1.7mg Vitamin B6, 3mg Vitamin B12, 5mg zinc, 5.4mg pantothenic acid, 50mg Biotin, 16mg Niacin, 150mg folic acid)
    3 tablets of Omega-3 (contain totally 450mg Omega-3 and some other stuff that I cannot translate from German to English)
    1 table inneov (contains 150mg taurine, 140mg cetechine, 15mg zinc)
    1 tablet of spirulina
    Finally I drink one portion of whey protein

Errrmm, now that I am writing them down, they sound waaaaay too much :geek:. I like the fact that my hair grow out faster and I think I will just have to bear with the "side effects"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file