If my sister-in-law compares

picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
My son to her extremely bratty daughter one more time I'm liable to go off on her.

Ok here's the story, my little niece can be the sweetest thing until her mom is around and then I kid you not she turns into an evil child. Everytime we are around her and her mom we witness atleast one tantrum that a 2 yr old would thow and this girl is 7. The other day we were teasing my son a little saying something about him not getting anything for Christmas and he got ticked and went to hit my husbnad and said sis-in-law was like oh see he's just like (we'll call her jill)jill. I bet my eyes were the sized of softballs I was shocked she made that comparrison.

Anyway she now says this all the time and I'm about ready to loose it and just needed to vent.
Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png

Comments

• imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    Oh, I TOTALLY feel your pain! My SIL compares our sons, who are about 2.5 years apart, constantly. At first I bit my tongue, but now I'm starting to strike back. I just can't help it, it's every time I talk to or see the woman, and it is completely uncalled for. If I offend her, oh well. She has been offending me by slyly putting down my little boy for years.
    .png

.png
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Nooooooooooooooo- don't tell me these things! My sis-in law will be delivering any day now and we are due in June, so I am really worried about the babies being compared.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    Shelli, hopefully your SIL is nicer than mine. If not, and she does start in on the comparisons, I urge you to nip it in the bud early. Maybe something like "I don't really find it necessary that we compare the children, they are two different people that will do different things at different times. " Or something like that.

I am anticipating what I am going to hear when I have my daughter. My SIL is due any day now and I'm sure her baby will weigh more at birth than any child I'll have. I'm sure her comment will be something like "MY baby was never this small!" :roll: To which I'll tell her, "You can keep your YOOGE daughter, I'll be happy with my dainty little girl, thank you." I know that is really snarky and wrong, and I probably won't say it anyway, I'm just tired of the crap.
    .png

.png
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I'm glad I'm not alone. We had Max's Birthday party in september and I had so many of my friends and family on my side say things later on about how they couldn't believe how bad "jill" acted and that her mom just let her do everything short of opening Max's presents. The thing that really irks me is that this sis-in-law is one of those who just can't figure out why her daughter acts that way and then when she is throwing a fit will say something like "just give it to her so she'll shut up" I'm always like gee I wonder why she acts up for you. She's so good for me because she knows I don't put up with her crap and she will get in trouble for any fit she tries to throw at my house and won't be getting her way.
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    My SIL compared our children once. She made a comment about what a picky eater my child was and wonderful her son was to eat anything and everything. I smiled and whispered to her, "That may explain the size of their mother's asses."

No additional comparisons have ever occured.......

Yes, I am a be-yatch but a damned good mother.
    ________
    Petite live
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We have a very sad version of this in our family. My 17 year old cousin died two years ago in a car accident. EVERYTHING S does is "just like T" - and it's that stuff that ALL babies do. She "looked just like T" at birth to my aunt. It's just so sad. I think she must see T in every baby.
    You know it wouldn't bother me so much if it were true or if she said it about good things. But I'm sorry my son is nothing like your daughter lady no I'm not one of those moms that thinks their child could do no wrong but I know he's nothing like this niece of mine. I mean Max throwing a little 30 second temper tantrum at 4 yrs old is nothing compared to her daughter's all day tantrums at 7yrs old.

Anyway it's nice to complain about it and hear other's with the same problem..I said something to my husband about it and he was like "why didn't you say something" and I said "because whenever I say anything to your sister that doesn't go with what she thinks you get all pissy with me" (long story short his sister likes to park in handicap parking spots using her grandma's mirror thing and I told her that I thought it was completely tacky and rude.)
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    (long story short his sister likes to park in handicap parking spots using her grandma's mirror thing and I told her that I thought it was completely tacky and rude.)

It's also against the law. Call the police on her the next time you see her do it and let them write her a ticket. I've done it. It tends to deter this sort of inconsideration from those selfish people in the future :twisted:
    ________
    MEGAN1
    (long story short his sister likes to park in handicap parking spots using her grandma's mirror thing and I told her that I thought it was completely tacky and rude.)

It's also against the law. Call the police on her the next time you see her do it and let them write her a ticket. I've done it. It tends to deter this sort of inconsideration from those selfish people in the future :twisted:

You're really trying to get me killed by this chick aren't you lol. See the problem is I'm usually in the car with her so I would be there with her when the police came, and no matter how rewarding it would be to see the look on her face the fall out would be far worse
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • jenjenjenjen Posts: 188Registered Users
    Here's one for ya

I'm about 8 months preggo with my first child and this is how my mother in law introduces me to someone I don't know

"Here's the one who could wait to marry my son"

I almost flew off the handle I was like excuse me? I'm the one who said we should wait longer. She is relentless she's always saying rude things about me behind my back and she says stuff about me to my friends and I'm about to come unglued if she does it again any suggestions?
    .png

.png

Between 3a/3b
    “Law is order, and good law is good order” (Aristotle).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file