Can Braid-Outs Slow Growth?

dorie92dorie92 Posts: 8Registered Users
So I braid my hair about every two to three days, but is this bad for my hair? I don't braid them tightly, just three, four, or five loose braids at the most, but someone told me that I'm damaging my hair is this true?

Comments

• Zelda8555Zelda8555 Posts: 9Registered Users
    No, I do the same thing. It's suppose 2 make your hair grow slightly faster than just leaving it down and letting it grow a half inch per month.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    braidouts do not slow or speed up growth. if you are manipulating your hair a lot and it breaks, then you will retain less of your growth--your hair will grow exactly at the same rate as if you don't do braidouts
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    I think Braid-Outs and Braids Protect your hair and so that is why it seems to Grow faster so you retain your growth.
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • dorie92dorie92 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thank you for replying everyone! I was getting tired of hearing it from people who don't wear natural hair and don't know how to take care of it.
    I needed to hear from people who know about taking care of curly hair so thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file