What is the meaning of life to you?

CurlswirlCurlswirl Registered Users Posts: 526
This is my same post from earlier, but it is more inclusive this time around:)

For me it is helping others, friends, family, growing as a person in terms of wisdom, knowledge and also developing my creative talents. I believe my job is somewhat important and meaningful on a good day:icon_smile: But still sometimes I do ask the question, is this it? Why am I here?

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I am here to do the work of helping/aiding/saving those who are discarded, i.e., animals in need.

Someone has to do it, and it might as well be me. Besides, I have stray-dar.
  • xxxxxxxxxx Registered Users Posts: 94
    X
    Porzellan, "Stray-dar" is a colloquialism that a friend invented for me: it means that I'm one of those people who tend to notice loose or abused or endangered (in some way) animals, from dogs to cats to geese to raccoons to chipmunks and birds of every feather.
  • crwrittcrwritt Registered Users Posts: 705 Curl Neophyte
    porzellan wrote: »
    @ninja dog
    what does stray-dar mean? is it a disease? i didn´t find it in the dictionary.

It would be "Radar" for stray animals, like someone is always on the lookout for them and drawn to them.
    Similar to this might be Gay-dar
  • xxxxxxxxxx Registered Users Posts: 94
    X
    porzellan wrote: »
    :idea1: thank you, crwritt!

nice pun, ninja dog. & it is a disease...;-)

then i have gray-dar: since i´m going gray, i notice everywhere beautiful grayheads!

LEARNING is one meaning of my life: the often misprized joy of comprehension!

:D
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    For me, the meaning of life is to grasp every day and live it to the fullest. I realize now that I have wasted too many precious moments/hours/days worrying about or dwelling on things that weren't really important in the whole scheme of life.

Like the U2 song says, "It's a beautiful day. Don't let it get away."

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony".
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    to the OP:

Being present in every moment.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji