maternity pants - full panel vs no panel

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
I bit the bullet and bought my first pair of maternity jeans. They worked ok in the store but I'm not sure if I made the right choice long-term. It's the one with the full panel. But as I'm moving around more in my house, I'm noticing that the jeans creeps down a bit leaving me with a bit of a plumber's ass effect. It's not a huge deal since I'm wearing a longish top but maybe I should've purchased the no panel.

What's your preference?

Btw the outfit:

B000GI5U7E.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_V62402192_.jpg

1107.jpg

Comments

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Full panel only worked well for me in my last few weeks when I had a bigger belly to keep them up. It was nice not to have the permanent plumbers crack that I had with all of my other pants. Since you are still only mid-pregnancy, I would guess that under-belly would work best.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    I liked the underbelly pants best until the very last month or so because my belly was so huge they slid really low. It's hard to explain, but they were definitely more comfortable. It seems like the full panel starts digging in you at some point.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The full panel was fine for me in the end, but they were a bit hard to hold up when I first started wearing them (somewhere after 20 weeks, before that I just went up a size. I also wore a LOT of yoga pants. Puma makes a pair with a roll-down waist - great. Actually, maybe it's their Nuala line?). Mentally, I had a hard time with the panel, they just felt so dumpy. At least with the yoga pants I could kid myself that I looked sporty. HA. Unless eating Take Fives is a sport...

The ones with no panel are weird when you sit and stand. They always, to me anyway, ended up showing my booty.
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Posts: 652Registered Users
    i had a giant baby (9lbs 4oz) and i was all belly. i resisted buying the full panel pants, but when you have to pull the butt of your pants up every time you get up to go to the printer or get a file, it's just iritating. i probably switched to full panel jeans around 6 or 7 months because my belly was too big and pushed all my low panel jeans down.
    motherhood maternity has nice ones, straight leg, very cute. i loved mine.

is it sad that i miss the elastic waistbands on my pants? i get iritated every time i go to the bathroom now and god forbid i have to unbutton and unzip. hahahaha
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    I only wore 1/2 panel too, or the ones with just a little elastic in the back...

I was HUGE in the end too, and i never really had that big of a problem keeping my pants up...

I was also able to wear the same pants from the first trimester on, on the belly at first and then under the belly
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had huge bellies both times and full panel worked out great, actually. I did the low rise with #2, and I felt that I was CONSTANTLY pulling them up. Full panel didn't do that.

Another great thing? Maternity underwear. I LOVED mine. SO comfy.
    :rambo:
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    i had a giant baby (9lbs 4oz) and i was all belly.

That's not giant! Try 11 lbs (10 lbs 11oz) & we'll talk giant!

I didn't buy panelled pants---once I outgrew my regular pants I lived in Chico's travellers collection pants. They have elastic waists & still looked stylish.

Maternity panties are THE.BEST. They are beyond comfy!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I can't remember which pregnancy it was, but my belly was incredibly itchy and I couldn't tolerate anything over my belly. I got away with yoga pants until the very end.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote:
    I can't remember which pregnancy it was, but my belly was incredibly itchy and I couldn't tolerate anything over my belly. I got away with yoga pants until the very end.

Ugh, that was me. Plus I had that PUPPPS rash - I would wake my husband up in the middle of the night I was digging into my skin so bad. It was horrible.

I find the full panel to be incredibly itchy. I wear the 1/2 panel, they were the most comfortable. But I have to admit, I just can't get comfortable in jeans when I'm pregnant. They just don't have enough movement for me. I either just live in yoga pants, or cargos. I found a pair of cargos that I just LOVE and i got them at Target. They're real waist pants, so they gather in the back. They're super cute, I want like 10 pairs.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never thought I would wear full panel pants when I was pregnant but I was all belly and the full panel were the most comfortable. The underbelly would stay up but I felt like it was way too tight on my belly and Chas would kick like crazy when I had them on.

I think it just depends on how your stomach grows and what your comfortable in.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i looooove those t-shirts! where are they from??

slightly funny story:
    i checked out the maternity section for the 1st time today while at target and i was very disappointed. i couldnt find any of the actual outfits that were on the instore display ad things. all i saw was muted twin sets and elastic waisted jeans...not subbrock's style. so finally i yell, " who would wear this?!! it looks like someone's mom would wear this stuff!!" my boyfriend just gave me this look--which took me a minute to figure out. then i realized, to be shopping in the maternity section, obviously youre getting ready to be somebody's mom!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Yeah, I know, maternity wear is still pretty fugly. The shirts are by Satori Movement. It's made from bamboo and is super soft.

I've been living in wrap dresses from express/limited, Indian inspired tunics and wide legged pants with drawstring waist.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    subbrock wrote:

slightly funny story:
    i checked out the maternity section for the 1st time today while at target and i was very disappointed. i couldnt find any of the actual outfits that were on the instore display ad things. all i saw was muted twin sets and elastic waisted jeans...not subbrock's style. so finally i yell, " who would wear this?!! it looks like someone's mom would wear this stuff!!" my boyfriend just gave me this look--which took me a minute to figure out. then i realized, to be shopping in the maternity section, obviously youre getting ready to be somebody's mom!

Well, I'm certainly not wearing twin sets and mom jeans, but yes, you do dress differently when you're somebody's mother.

There's something unsettling about seeing a mom toting her baby in halter tops, half shirts, and 4 inch heels.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm going to push the life-saving belly band again. They helped keep my then baggy maternity pants up, as well as allow me to continue wearing my regular pants (unbuttoned of course). I have two pairs of maternity jeans and one pair of black pin-stripe dress pants, the rest are all my regular pants.

The non-preg jeans are hard to keep wearing because they don't have a lot of flexibility and because most of my are a bit lower cut, they would fall off my hips even with the band over the top.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Hated the panel.
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The panel always seemed to cut into my belly and it was very uncomfortable.

Old Navy had some awesome yoga pants that I live in during my 2nd pregnancy.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I am 30 weeks along, and I've been loving the low cut maternity jeans. My favorites are from JCPenny. They are stretchy and have front pockets (which the big panel jeans NEVER have) and back flap pockets. I've come to the point though where I have to roll the front band down one flip or the belly pushes the entire waistband down. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give into the big panel pants . . . . but I don't want to!!
    ________
    How To Roll Blunts
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    I have some of the under-the-belly pants and the full panel pants. For now (I'm at 21 weeks), the under-the-belly fit much better, but I can still wear the full panel ones too, if I roll the waistband down. Otherwise, they fit snugly right underneath my huge boobs, and I feel like Steve Urkel. :lol:
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am 30 weeks along, and I've been loving the low cut maternity jeans. My favorites are from JCPenny. They are stretchy and have front pockets (which the big panel jeans NEVER have) and back flap pockets. I've come to the point though where I have to roll the front band down one flip or the belly pushes the entire waistband down. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give into the big panel pants . . . . but I don't want to!!

FYI, goldencurly. I bought a pair of dark color, full panel jeans from gap that had front pockets. I lived in these jeans until it got too hot. Just wanted to let you know in case you have to go to the big panel pant. :D

I also folded down the full panel until my belly got to huge...
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My Citizens had pockets too but that might have been a half panel. Now that I think about it, I don't think I bought any full panel pants.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Posts: 467Registered Users
    I won a 50 dollar gift card to Target so I went in there and almost cried while there as well! I could not find anything cute!

subbrock wrote:

slightly funny story:
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: http://femmefitalefitclub.com/
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file