Starting my shampoo-less rountine tonight.

After I head to the store, I'm starting my shampooless rountine tonight. Does anyone have any tips of what conditioners and products I should by, and how often I should use the conditioners?
2C/3A girl here.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    cheap cowashing conditioners like suave and vo5 naturals! stock up. :D
    3b-3c CG
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    I condition my hair almost daily. I can get by with CO washing 1 time per week, but I am not an oily person.

If your shopping in a drug store or Wal-Mart type store, it's difficult to find CG conditioners other than the suave naturals and the V05 conditioners (but not the VO5 oasis conditioners).

If you live in an area with a larger Hispanic population, you might be able to find Activate Hydrating conditioner. This stuff is really good and costs about $6. I found some when I was visiting San Antonio in Oct. at a Walgreens. It was not with the hair care products, but in the Hispanic section.

Some other COs you can look for in mass retailers are Garnier Fructis Fortifying CO - volumizing for fine hair and Freeman Overboard Shine CO.

Health food stores are good sources, too, for silicone free products.

A lot of folks like the Regis Olive Oil CO. These can be found in the style salons at Wal-Mart.

Let us know what you find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    P.S. Check on Laurabeths "conditioner chronicles" on the general hair discusion board. She has LOTS of products listed and notes with ones are CG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file