We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Looking for spicy recipes

L'n-zL'n-z Posts: 208Registered Users
For chicken, beef, or pork that doesn't need a ton of ingredients. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif
8)

Comments

• mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    This one is very tasty and very easy (I took a recipe from Bon Appetit and tweaked it a little):

1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup bottled nonfat Italian dressing
    1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
    3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
    1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
    4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized chunks
    1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth

Mix first 6 ingredients in 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
    Cook veggies in a large skillet coated lightly with vegetable oil over medium high heat until hot - about 5 minutes, set aside. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade and chicken broth and bring to boil. Add cooked veggies and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for a few minuted until veggies heat back up.

Serve over Basmati or Jasmine rice.

Seriously - this recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Easy and tasty!
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • L'n-zL'n-z Posts: 208Registered Users
    Thanks, mazey!

Did this come from the BBQ Chicken recipe w/ginger & root beer from last month? I made that and it was really good. Very spicy.
    8)
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here's one that kind of has a lot of ingredients, but you use them in 'groups' so it always seems easy to me. It's REALLY good:

Spicy Peanut Chicken

¼ C chicken broth
    1 T cornstarch
    1 T sugar
    2 T soy sauce
    1 T white vinegar
    ¼ t ground red pepper (cayenne)
    1 T vegetable oil
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into ¾ “ pieces
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    1 t grated gingerroot
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into ¾ “ pieces
    2 C broccoli, chopped
    1/3 C dry-roasted peanuts
    2 green onions, sliced

Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar & red pepper. Heat wok or 12” skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat sides. Add chicken, garlic & gingerroot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
    Add bell pepper and broccoli to wok. Stir-fry 1-3 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute, or until sauce thickens. Stir in peanuts. Garnish with onions.
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Chicken Tortilla Soup

Needed:
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (little over 1 lb in all)
    3 1/2 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 14oz can of tomatoes already cut
    1 8oz can of tomato sauce
    1 cloveof garlic minced
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    3 serrano peppers
    3 jalepeno peppers
    1/4 cup snipped cilantro
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    corn tortillas
    cooking oil
    1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)

In a large saucepan combine chicken and broth. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Strain broth thru cheesecloth (I never do this). Set broth aside.

In the same saucepan cook onion, garlic, and cumin in 1 tablespoon of hot oil until onion is tender. Stir in strained broth, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, serranos (cut up), jalapenos (cut up), cilantro, and oregano. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken. Heat through.

Meanwhile, cut up some tortillas (I use one per bowl of soup) and cook in hot oil until crisp and light brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

Put fried tortillas into bowl, ladle soup over tortillas and top with cheese.

IT IS SO GOOD!!!!

I got this recipe (and modified it) from Better Homes and Gardens Easy Everyday Cooking.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    bumping for more ideas :)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Bumping again with some great links I found, that have straightforward recipes that look good. If anyone has tried and true spicy main and side dish recipes, please post them!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pepperfool.com%2Frecipe_home.html" class="Popup
    links to spicy curry recipes

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mealsforyou.com%2Fcgi-bin%2FrecipeCategory%3Fcategory.189" class="Popup
    links to assorted spicy recipes with nutritional information provided
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file