CurlTalk

looong time lurker---first post! what type hair do I have?

I love this site! so helpful :-)

I've lurked for a few years and never registered until recently....

and I have finally decided to post!

I also *minutes ago* got a fokti album set up :-)

I'm wondering what type hair I might have (I have read the curly girl book btw)...I can't tell. I think I have various types. I used to have tighter curls than I do now. I've bleached my hair several several times over the past two years. I've had bright red, dark red, blue, green, pink, purple and orange hair (not all at once!) sometimes separately, sometimes in combinations

most of my curls are about half an inch or less, some slightly bigger than that. others are closer to an inch and a few are past that (at least on some days....I think it depends on what I do with my hair or how long I go without washing....)

aaaaaanyway, I bleached the front parts way more than the rest so they are WAY less curly which is disappointing to me. I hate the front of my hair now. because of that, I dyed it brown and am leaving it alone now. probably not for good especially since I have about six tubes of dye left lol but I'm leaving it alone for quite a while :-p

anyway, thanks so much guys! :D

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I'd say a 3B.

Welcome to the posting side of the house!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    I'd say 3b/c. You and your curls are gorgeous!
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Can you return/exchange any of those tubes of color? (Like for some nice DTs...;)) Your curls really look gorgeous in their natural color...

P.S. Yes, they look like 3b.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I have no idea what type of curls you have, but they are so awesome! Your hair looks great!
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    At least a 3b. Gorgeous
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    gorgeous!! love photo #8--a real art photo with those blue curls!! i agree--3b or perhaps 3c
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbanjolady%2F" class="Popup
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Flazycurls" class="Popup
  • crazycurlyheadcrazycurlyhead Posts: 113Registered Users
    nevermind
    Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
    In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    On second thought, your hair looks 3b/c in the first couple of photos, but 3b when it's not. So I'd change my opinion to 3b.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    I'd say 3B. Your curls are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    .png
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    wow what an explosion of curls! 3b too, and although i type myself 3b you have such differnet curls to me. i do get the type of curls you have but they're not as bunched up and i get such a flat top. i've also used the flaxseed gel and quite liked it but again my curls werent half as springy as yours.

very gorgeous! welcome to the boards!

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    :shock: I wish I had your hair! Its so pretty! I see you use the sleek and shine leave in too! Its a miracle in a bottle. Welcome to the boards!

ETA: I've never told you what hair type I think you have! Your hair looks like a Corkscrew 3B with some 3C in it.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    3 b/c and very pretty! :)
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    definite 3B. very pretty. :)
    3c
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Welcome!!! I love the pics of your hair pulled 1/2 up! Very pretty :)

Kim
  • numbersixnumbersix Posts: 70Registered Users
    I'd say a 3B.

Welcome to the posting side of the house!

thanks~!

btw Ive seen your curls before (I remember your name) and your curls/color are gorgeous :-) such a pretty haircolor
    Eilonwy wrote:
    I'd say 3b/c. You and your curls are gorgeous!

thankyou! :oops:
    Can you return/exchange any of those tubes of color? (Like for some nice DTs...;)) Your curls really look gorgeous in their natural color...

P.S. Yes, they look like 3b.

if I wanted to I might. but I don't think I do. I like color

thanks for the compliment :D

oh, and what are dt's??
    sunday wrote:
    I have no idea what type of curls you have, but they are so awesome! Your hair looks great!

thank you!
    Eilonwy wrote:
    On second thought, your hair looks 3b/c in the first couple of photos, but 3b when it's not. So I'd change my opinion to 3b.

when its not up?

so what is the difference in photos that changes it? the top of my hair? (ugh, I hate the top of my head lol)
    wow what an explosion of curls! 3b too, and although i type myself 3b you have such differnet curls to me. i do get the type of curls you have but they're not as bunched up and i get such a flat top. i've also used the flaxseed gel and quite liked it but again my curls werent half as springy as yours.

very gorgeous! welcome to the boards!

wow, thank you :D

I think cut is part of it and how I part my hair .some days it looks flatter and some days it doesn't. if I sleep with wet hair my hair is curly from the root nad it looks funny to me since its normally not like that....but its a cute look. it ends up being a lot shorter than normal too.
    AngieCurls wrote:
    :shock: I wish I had your hair! Its so pretty! I see you use the sleek and shine leave in too! Its a miracle in a bottle. Welcome to the boards!

ETA: I've never told you what hair type I think you have! Your hair looks like a Corkscrew 3B with some 3C in it.

thanks! yeah I kinda think I am mostly 3b with some 3c in it with most of the 3c in the back and espcially towards the ends. also, it varies. some days its strictly 3b lol other days it leans more towards 3c....kinda odd. but ....

oh, and I just started using that stuff. a few of those photos were taken the day after my first use. I might try the curl n shine next. I've heard good things :-)
    embudini wrote:
    3 b/c and very pretty! :)

why thank you :-)
    definite 3B. very pretty. :)

juvjoy wrote:
    Welcome!!! I love the pics of your hair pulled 1/2 up! Very pretty :)

Kim

thank you! yeah those are my favorites too

:D
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I agree with 3b/c mix (like me). Great curls! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I would say 3b. They are such beautiful curls! oh, and Welcome!~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    I would say 3b, too. and you and your hair are just gorgeous!
    and a DT is a deep treatment :wink:
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
  • curlyjenncurlyjenn Posts: 585Registered Users
    Very pretty 3b/c! Your hair is alot like mine, except I think you have more hair than I do because you get such gorgeous volume!
    I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
    My Myspace!
    I would say 3b, too. and you and your hair are just gorgeous!
    and a DT is a deep treatment :wink:

ohhhhh, deep treatement. thanks!

:D

and thanks for the compliment too :D
    curlyjenn wrote:
    Very pretty 3b/c! Your hair is alot like mine, except I think you have more hair than I do because you get such gorgeous volume!

thanks!

ahhh, I get way more volume than that when I want to. its kinda absurd how big it can get. I think its fun, but I think my boyfriend prefers less.... :(