Natural way to lightening curly hair?

BriabrooksyBriabrooksy Registered Users Posts: 4
Hi I have dark brown 3c/4a hair and I want to lighten my curly hair. The crown of my head is a brown and blonde combo which comes from a little help from the sun. I want to naturally lighten my hair but I don't know how...I heared about dying hair with Henna. As I researched that I found that it would lighten my hair but in the sense of making it red. I don't want red maybe blonde but not red! PLEASE HELP! Is my only option to get a rinse or semi/demi-color? The color I want to achieve is a auburn or a much lighter brown than what I have now. I have never dyed my hair in anyway so this is my first time...I need all the help I can get!
Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• OperaDivaOperaDiva Registered Users Posts: 354
    Not necessarily the healthiest way, but have you tried spraying lemon juice on then going out in the sun? That lightens mine a lot!
    Jessica, proud mama to Hunter (9-18-09)
    3a/F/ii, high porosity

Products
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, V05 Volumizing
    Conditioner: AOGPB, Garnier Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Suave Naturals Tropical coconut
    Gel: LA Looks Mega hold, Ecostyler Black, SOTC with shea butter/cocoa butter/sweet almond oil
    Off-day spritz: Lavender mist
    Hair likes Obscene amounts of protein
    Hair dislikes
    Too much oil

http://public.fotki.com/OperaTeacherMom/hair-going-cg/

CG since 5/8/10
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    You cannot lighten your hair with a semi- or demi-permanent process. Lemon juice will work, but it will be fairly subtle and on dark hair you will get more red than blonde.

Beyond that, chemically, the only way to achieve lightening is via something with bleach.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file