Dr. Bonner 18-in-1 Castile Soap Leaves Residue!

The full name is: Dr. Bonner 18-in-1 Hemp Unscented Baby Mild Pure Castile Soap made with organic oil

I diluted it like it said, 2 squirts into a sink full or hot (warm) water...wet my hands and just massaged my scalp and rinsed. I look in the mirror and I had this paste -like white residue on my hair. I washed over and over. First I tried squirting a drop in my hand and mixing with water to lather and apply to my scalp. Finally I had to resort to using my Head and Shoulders to get it all out. Why is this stuff so hard to rinse out? Why does it leave a residue? I had glycerin/water mix on my hair from yesterday and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. These product using come out with water, no problem. I really want to use this stuff. I paid like $6 and I have a whole bottle left. Help!!

Comments

• rileysmama32208rileysmama32208 Posts: 69Registered Users
    you have to follow with an ACV rinse. its actual soap. I love it as a body wash, and it lasts forever, but i dont use it on my hair.
    2b/iii/low porosity/ normal elasticity
    Currently loving:

Cowash: suave coconut and suave mountain strawberry
    leave in: giovanni direct
    style: FOTE avg under bella super spikes gel (yellow) with a tiny dot of honey
    http://public.fotki.com/LoveRyGuy/
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Posts: 579Registered Users
    That's weird. I use Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild -- just squirt a few drops into my hand and apply to scalp/hair -- and I can honestly say that's never happened. I've also never had to use an ACV rinse with it, even though I know, technically, I'm supposed to.
  • pgAestheticspgAesthetics Posts: 23Registered Users
    I'm going to have to try ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar?). Does it smells funny like regular vinegar?
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Posts: 579Registered Users
    Yep -- ACV smells like vinegar. :)

But the smell magically disappears once your hair is dry. No kidding: totally gonzo.
  • pgAestheticspgAesthetics Posts: 23Registered Users
    Eewwww.... I imagine that my regular conditioner and my leave-in conditioner would cover any smell up anyway. Thanks guys.
  • likethegumlikethegum Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    you might have hard water - hard water and soap equals soap scum
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Hmm... I've never had that happen with the Tea Tree soap...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • NaturalReviewNaturalReview Posts: 91Registered Users
    Maybe you can mix it with water to help it blend better. Or as other people suggested, follow with an ACV rinse. That will take care of the residue.

http://naturalreviewbyl.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file