I have never had a haircut before.

CurlyGurl144CurlyGurl144 Posts: 10Registered Users
I'm 14 and I have never had a haircut before in my whole life. I have 3c/4a curly hair and it's a mess and I hate my hair! :cry: Everyone keeps telling me that if I cut the top layers and the ends of my hair but my mom won't let me :hmph:. She says it won't make a difference in my hair at all. Is it true? if not, how can I convince her to let me get a haircut?

Comments

• emthefantasticalemthefantastical Posts: 963Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm 14 and I have never had a haircut before in my whole life. I have 3c/4a curly hair and it's a mess and I hate my hair! :cry: Everyone keeps telling me that if I cut the top layers and the ends of my hair but my mom won't let me :hmph:. She says it won't make a difference in my hair at all. Is it true? if not, how can I convince her to let me get a haircut?

what your mom is telling you is DEFINITELY not true. getting haircuts regularly is huge in keeping your hair healthy. it trims off all the dead ends and puts bounce back into your hair!!
    to convince your mom to let you get a haircut just explain to her that getting haircuts regularly can greatly change the look if your hair and keep the hair healthy because it eliminates dead ends. if you think it will help, show your mom some of the naturally curly forums!
    2c/3a
    somewhere between fine and medium texture
    average porosity underneath, fairly high porosity in the canopy

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
    styling: LALSG, EcoStyler, Deva Styling Cream

• xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Posts: 31Registered Users
    I totally agree getting it cut as a huuugggee part pf keeping your hair healthy no matter how well you take care of it you're bound to get a few split ends that need to chopped off! lol and id say maybe to the layers i have a few long ones (not many because my hairs quite fine) helps to keep my curls up but im a 3a so not quite sure about yours?? xxx
  • toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
    ok, so here's the thing that might help u to convince her. Once you get a haircut, you basically only have to get one every 6 months, so if it's a spending money issue, you would only need a haircut 2 times a year. Also, explain 2 her, just like what everyone else was saying about how it keeps it healthy, that is a big thing. A haircut can also help keep ur spirals spiraly!

I think the best way to ask ur mom, would be to tell her a few facts about haircuts, and ask REALLy nicely, and tell her why u want one. Also, ask her why she doesn't want you to get one, and go from ther. Just make sure not to get angry, or defensive, just be really nice the whole time.
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
  • CurlyGurl144CurlyGurl144 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Okay. Thanks all! :icon_smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file