need a good conditioner

wavygrlwavygrl Posts: 10Registered Users
I have been using baking soda and acv for a while and my hair seems to do fine on it. But I want to try a co-wash routine and see how my hair reacts. Can you give me some recommendations. I*think* my hair is protein sensitive (but needs moisture), just because before I went to the baking soda and acv, I used aubrey organics shampoo and conditioner which is very protein rich and I feel like my wavy hair got stringy and lifeless. For styling at this point I am just using FSG w/aloe and agave. I could use some curl enhancement too!
Best I can tell:
2B, dense, low porosity, coarse, protein sensitve

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wavygrl wrote: »
    I have been using baking soda and acv for a while and my hair seems to do fine on it. But I want to try a co-wash routine and see how my hair reacts. Can you give me some recommendations. I*think* my hair is protein sensitive (but needs moisture), just because before I went to the baking soda and acv, I used aubrey organics shampoo and conditioner which is very protein rich and I feel like my wavy hair got stringy and lifeless. For styling at this point I am just using FSG w/aloe and agave. I could use some curl enhancement too!

Check of Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Condish.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance (parfum), lauroyl lysine, caprylyl glycol, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aspartic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, citric acid, alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice

Its cheap and an excellent detangler that can be used as a co-wash or rinseout. Some people have used it as a LI without issues.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • buckeyebuckeye Posts: 129Registered Users
    I like either of the Tresseme Naturals conditioners, as well as Suave Daily Clarifying...I seem to have the same hair properties as you (coarse, high porosity, thick)...in the winter, my hair didn't seem to care for protein, but now that the dews are higher, my hair is LOVING a mini PT with AO GPB every week or two...

I have also found, that with the warmer weather, I don't need a separate heavier duty rinse out after my co-wash...I just use a bit of my co-wash conditioner
    :toothy7: on my CG journey since 10/31/09
    **2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
    cleansers: CJ DF
    co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
    rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
    Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
    :thumbleft: pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
    :thumbdown: glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel :(
  • emthefantasticalemthefantastical Posts: 963Registered Users Curl Novice
    the garnier fructis triple nutrition is also a good inexpensive rinse-out!
    2c/3a
    somewhere between fine and medium texture
    average porosity underneath, fairly high porosity in the canopy

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
    styling: LALSG, EcoStyler, Deva Styling Cream

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file