Salon disaster! Hair looks and feels fried!

HollyReneeHollyRenee Posts: 6Registered Users
I was CG for about 3 months until today when I went to the salon. I have pretty thick 3b curls and I was going in for a free trim with a student who was learning. I told her that I don't shampoo my hair, but she told me that her products are all natural (aveda products) so I figured one shampoo would be alright and I let her go ahead. After she got done cutting my hair, my hair felt extremely dry and fried. She also accidentally sprayed a bottle containing 70% alcohol in my hair (because she thought it was water, and she never washed it out).
Im doing a hot oil treatment with olive oil, and shea butter, but I'm very worried about my hair. Im not sure what to do(besides continuing CG as usual), to get it back to being soft and beautiful.

She used a shampoo called "brilliant" by aveda.

Any advice? Please help! :crybaby:
Loving the all natural shea butter and hair products from sheaessentials.com

Comments

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Don't let aveda fool you, they're not 100% natural, but are very naturally based. They're actually decent products, though you have to be careful because they're not CG. I think you'll be fine with one use, but you absolutely did what I'd do too...just baby your hair for a week or so.

One question, did she spray the alcohol on before or after she cut it? That may have contributed too. How did the oil treatment do?
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HollyReneeHollyRenee Posts: 6Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    Don't let aveda fool you, they're not 100% natural, but are very naturally based. They're actually decent products, though you have to be careful because they're not CG. I think you'll be fine with one use, but you absolutely did what I'd do too...just baby your hair for a week or so.

One question, did she spray the alcohol on before or after she cut it? That may have contributed too. How did the oil treatment do?

Thanks!
    She sprayed it while cutting it. She thought it was a spray bottle of water because they looked kinda similar.
    The oil did pretty well, but I have some super dry pieces on one side and I had my first day at a new job that next morning. I think it will be alright though!
    Loving the all natural shea butter and hair products from sheaessentials.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file