CurlTalk

Products For A Twist Out?

CurlyGurl144CurlyGurl144 Posts: 10Registered Users
My hair is a mix between 3c and 4a and I was wondering what are some products needed for a twist out. like shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, hairspray (if needed) and mouse (if needed) or any other ones i should know about. :smile:

Comments

• ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    My hair is a mix between 3c and 4a and I was wondering what are some products needed for a twist out. like shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, hairspray (if needed) and mouse (if needed) or any other ones i should know about. :smile:

Well the shampoo & conditioner dosent really matter, just use a combo that you like that gives you good results. I use whats in my signature!
    The products are whats important.. Ones that are TOO heavy for me leave my twistout looking unnatural and crunchy instead of soft and fluffy.

I like to layer my products a certain way no matter what i use. I usually put a quarter sized amt of oil on freshly washed hair (lately its just plain EVOO) then a leave in/moisturizer (on my avatar i used KBB [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink]), a tiny bit of some kind of gel (ecostyler or Aloe Vera Gel) & twist.. then i seal the ends with a butter for hold and moisture. To revive it the next couple of days i spray distilled water mixed with a little bit of whatever leave in I use on it. I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] the other day as the gel but didnt like it, maybe I used too much? idk that stuff is too tricky to perfect lol!

Ive been looking for alternatives to the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink], some ive been recommended are [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Honey-Hemp-Conditioner-p-860.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-honey-hemp-conditioner]Oyin Honey hemp[/buylink], Beija Flor Naturals Creme Brulee, Afroveda Curl Define (i imagine w. this you wouldnt need the gel) & darcy botanicals madagascar vanilla creme. Unfortunately im waiting for all of these to come in the mail so i cant review them LOL!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • famus_darlingfamus_darling Posts: 85Registered Users
    I'm rocking a short cut, so I don't have enough of my own hair to twist, but I have a 8yo who I keep in twists and then let them down right before a wash.

For her hair I twist it wet and comb through a mixture of 1/2 shea butter (with olive oil, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and almond oil) and1/2 organics twist and loc gel. Sometimes when I want more hold I mix in some KK curly custard. I'll do this more this summer with the humidity. I part the hair into sections and comb this combination through each section. It appears a little white right after I'm done, but it dries clear.
    Me: 3c, very thick
    BC- May 2010
    Current routine:
    pre poo: avacado, banana babyfood, grapeseed oil, and silk amino acid. Cleanser: DC No Poo 1x a week and BC 1x a week. DT: GVP Cond balm and grape seed oil
    Co-wash: GVP CD, TJ tea tree
    Leave-in: GVP CD, TJ tea tree, and grape seed oil
    Styling: HETT and castor oil
    DD (8 & 6 yo): both4s (1 thick, 2 thin) – keep in 2strand twists
    DD (4yo): 3b (very thin, hard to grow) – keep in single braids with lots of beads for protection
  • cassadie3cassadie3 Posts: 506Registered Users
    I had great twist out results this week by using the Shea Moisture Deep Moisture Masque (sold @ target) to hold my twists in. It made them shiny and moisturized and had a lot of hold in the twist out!
    :::::::joie de vivre:::::::
    last relaxer: November 2008
    big chop: November 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    4a, fine, dense, teeny weeny coils with low porosity

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    As long as you have a product with moisture component, and one with a hold component you should be good. As Cassadie indicated, one product can serve both roles.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • PinkPearlsPinkPearls Posts: 36Registered Users
    I wear a lot of braid outs and layer my products as well. After co-washing, I apply Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink], DB madagascar vanilla creme and DB Juicy Peach Kernel Nectar on my ends.
  • pretebrowneyespretebrowneyes Posts: 248Registered Users
    I've been using my leave-in spritz of EVOO/Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in/Water, followed my Boutique de Fluerzty Hair Butter, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Burnt-Sugar-Pomade-p-755.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-burnt-sugar-pomade]Oyin Burnt Sugar pomade[/buylink]...twist or braid and then sealing the ends with the Oyin for my braid outs. I'm loving the results.
    *MopTop Maven Healthy Hair Challenge 2011*:wave:

PrePoo- EVOO
    LowPoo- Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap bar
    Shampoo- ORS Creamy Aloe
    Clarifying poo- Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
    DC- GVP Conditioning Balm
    PT- GVP K-Pak reconstructor
    Leave in- Giovanni Direct leave-in *with kimmaytube recipe*
    Moisturizer- water+aloe vera juice+castor oil+jojoba oil spritz
    Sealant- jojoba oil