The Village Salon in Pennington, NJ??

jerseynikkijerseynikki Posts: 17Registered Users
Anyone been to this salon? I see they have a whole list of Deva-certified stylists. Any one in particular that's good or to avoid?
I have somewhere between 2b and 3a hair and really want to wear it curly for the summer. I am so tired of ponytails and flat irons.

Thanks!

Comments

• sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Hi,

I went there in January of 2009. The stylist I used was named Melissa. She was very knowledgeable, and she really listened to me. I told her the Deva gels were too thick/heavy for my hair, so she didn't even use them. Amazingly, she only used a leave in conditioner that wasn't even a Deva product, and I had great curls.

I wish I could afford to keep going there, but it's just too expensive for me.

Do you live in that area? I live in Mercer County, NJ, and my MIL lives in Ringoes, not far from Pennington. I found the salon since we cut through Pennington on our way to her house.

Since then, I've bounced from one salon to another. I did find a less expensive Deva trained stylist in Allentown, (near Hamilton, NJ) but I haven't been to that stylist in awhile.

Sherry
  • jerseynikkijerseynikki Posts: 17Registered Users
    Actually, I live in Edison. I normally go to NYC for haircuts but have never had a "curly cut" (Deva or otherwise). Pennington is about the same distance as it is to Midtown Manhattan but way less hassle. Price is about as I expected, and I'm okay with it, seeing as I only get a few haircuts a year.
    I think I will give them a call and see if I can get an appt. later this week and hope for the best!
    Just wanted to say that I called to make an appointment and the man who answered the phone (David, he said his name was) was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, spent 15 minutes explaining the whole process to me. LOL. I made an appointment with Karen at his recommendation, so we shall see how it goes. I will update after it's done, which won't be for a few weeks (apparently they're very busy).
    Hi Nikki,

Good luck with your appointment. I remember David as being very kind.

There was a salon called The Boca Salon in North Brunswick on Route One that does Deva cuts. The owner does them. I don't think the other stylists there are Deva trained. They only charged $40 when I went there a few years ago. It's too far away for me to go there consistently.

Sherry
    Thanks for the tip!
  • chelsea918chelsea918 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Sherry,

Which salon/stylist in Allentown are you referring to, may I ask? I actually went to high school (I'm a college student now, so it wasn't too long ago!) in Allentown and it's very close by.
    Hi Chelsea,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. Here is the salon in Allentown. I think the stylist's name was Maggie, but I'll check the card I have and post again.
    She was the only one who did Deva cuts, and I was her first Deva cut :)

Create Yourself in Allentown, New Jersey (nj)

Name: Create Yourself
    Street: 1 Globus Plaza
    Allentown, nj 08501-
    Phone: (609) 259-1050

ETA:-darn, her name isn't on the card, but I"m sure if you call and ask who does Deva cuts, they would know. They sell Deva products there, too.
  • chelsea918chelsea918 Posts: 3Registered Users
    No problem, thanks so much for the info! :)
    Just wanted to report back....I went a week ago to get my hair cut. Salon was nice, Karen was very knowledgeable about the method and the products. She did not pressure me to buy any products at all. As a matter of fact, she gave me a bunch of samples of all different things to try before I made a commitment.
    I'll be happier in a few weeks when my hair grows in a little bit (it's not that she cut all that much, it's just that I'm not used to wearing it curly and having it shrink up so much). And I'm still learning the technique. But overall I'm happy with the experience I had there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file