CurlTalk

First weekend going CG.....

So I started the CG routine this past Friday night. I went home and "detoxed" my hair. I washed first with a normal sulfate shampoo to remove all cones. Then I did a baking soda/water mixture to remove all build-up. Then I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No Poo[/buylink], DevaCurl One Conditioner, left in some of the conditioner, then used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]DevaCurl AnGell[/buylink] and some of the Lock it Tight Spray (I think that was what it was called). My hair has never been curlier!! I did the same routine on Saturday. I did notice I didn't really like the feel of my hair, it almost felt as if there was a layer of gunk on it and it just felt heavy. I am thinking it is just maybe too much for my hair or something. I read lots of good stuff about LALSG and the VO5 conditioner so I went to CVS and picked some of that up (by the way the VO5 was on sale for $0.77!!). I did [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No Poo[/buylink], followed by the DevaCurl One conditioner, rinsed that out and used the VO5 Naturals Freesia as my leave in. Then I scrunched in some LALSG and let it air dry for about 30 minuted and finished drying with a diffuser. It was soooo much better! No more filmy feeling! My curls are great and so soft! I am looking forward to how my hair turns out in the next few weeks as I am sure it is adjusting to this new moisture it is getting! Thanks for this website, I have learned so much! I just wanted to share my first CG weekend with you all :)
CG since May 28, 2010
Hair Type: 3a/3b
Low Poo: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo
Co-Wash: DevaCurl One Condition
Leave-In: VO5 Freesia
Stylers: L.A. Looks Sport Gel, DevaCurl Set it Free

Comments

• ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    Sounds like you are on a great start.

I have read that some of the Deva stuff can leave hair feeling coated. I've never used it so I don't know.

I used to use LALSG with good results so I am sure you will like it, especially in summer weather.

Good luck on your CG journey!
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    dont forget before and after pics!!
    I found using ONLY Deva products made my hair feel similar, kind of coated... but I do like the No Poo a lot
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • AZwavesAZwaves Posts: 64Registered Users
    Congratulations!!! I find that using angel alone can leave my hair frizzy. The past couple of days i've been putting arc-angel all through my hair in the shower, then when I take my towel off I scrunch a dime size of lalsg over the ends & have been getting awesome results!!! :)
    CG restart: 5-14-10
    Type: 3a
    Deva low-poo & Tres. naturals for washing
    AOHR, One C
    La looks sports gel, arc-angel
    Diffusing is my friend!
    JCN&S
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs903.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac235%2Fkimknuff1%2FAnother%2520cg%2520restart%252005-10%2F" class="Popup