What's my type? Feedback Please!

LostCurlsLostCurls Registered Users Posts: 5
[img][/img]2602844990098483319sRvuOy_th.jpg [img][/img]2128183900098483319KHnVGP_th.jpg
Click on the photos to enlarge (will be taken to a webshots page).

I am thinking I am a 2c/3a but I would like to know what you experts think. :) Also, I regularly get my hair chemically relaxed 2-3 times per year, so my natural hair is much curlier than the pics. My hair is pretty thick and dry/frizzy (these photos were taken on a good day.)

I would appreciate any feedback, as I am trying to work out a new routine. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Registered Users Posts: 300
    If it's been relaxed then it would be hard to tell. Is your hair curlier when it's shorter or longer? One of the ways to tell if you are a wavey or a curly is if your hair curls more with less hair. If it does then you are a curly (3). If you can "cut" the curl out, then you are a wavey (2). My hair, for example is 2C. I have really wavey with some spirals, but if I cut it short under 4" - there is little wave to it at all. Does that help?

Just going by your picture (forgetting that it's been relaxed) I'd say it's 2C too!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    It looks 2b/3a to me, too. Are you going to ditch the relaxation and let your natural curls grow? I bet you would be a 3a/3b if you did.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • LostCurlsLostCurls Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks gals! This helps me out.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    I don't think it's really going to be of much help to you to try to classify your hair while it's relaxed, it's simply not going to act like any normal given type. Your best bet is to try CG if you haven't started already, your hair needs and deserves the best care you can give it and that is it.

I also think too many people may be misusing the letters to classify their hair, I don't think it's possible to have both A & C hair as one is fine and the other coarse. For detailed info please go here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curl411/types.php

P.S. I just saw the "Fia" hair typing used by the Long Hair Community and now I think I understand where all the mixing of letters came from; confusing since most people here use the above typing system...
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • hairdiarieshairdiaries Registered Users Posts: 61

I also think too many people may be misusing the letters to classify their hair, I don't think it's possible to have both A & C hair as one is fine and the other coarse. For detailed info please go here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curl411/types.php

P.S. I just saw the "Fia" hair typing used by the Long Hair Community and now I think I understand where all the mixing of letters came from; confusing since most people here use the above typing system...

I believe what I am about to do is called "guano" here - sorry but I had a question/revelation here. :)

I had been using the a/b/c classification as levels of wave/curl so that 2a meant less curly than 2b and so forth. What I hear from you and the link is that a/b/c means texture of hair - not strength of curl. :idea: Am I getting it now? :) So my 2b-ness will always be 2b regardless of how much or little curl I can coax out of my hair. And it makes more sense to say I have 2/3a hair meaning two different levels of curl instead of 2a/b. Interesting...

~g
    just call me 'g'
    2b?
    mostly-almost-definitely CG, definitely a PJ
    photo journal
    password: curls
    updated pics Dec 2006

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file