So annoyed..Hair wont grow

RoxymiamiRoxymiami Posts: 8Registered Users
I'm beyond frustration right now. I have been transitioning since Oct 2009 so that is about 7 months now. I measured my new growth and its only 2 1/2 inches long...Why is my hair taking so long to grow? I took Biotin and msm pills and it did not help...then I purchased Ultra Nourishair from GNC and it made me break out badly so i stopped using it. If any has any advice PLEASE HELP ME...

Naturally Curly and you guys are my savors..I need advice to not get discouraged.

Comments

• missjgirl5missjgirl5 Posts: 8Registered Users
    your hair is growing but you may not be retaining length due to breakage. what products do you use and what's your reggie?
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Roxymiami wrote: »
    I'm beyond frustration right now. I have been transitioning since Oct 2009 so that is about 7 months now. I measured my new growth and its only 2 1/2 inches long...Why is my hair taking so long to grow? I took Biotin and msm pills and it did not help...then I purchased Ultra Nourishair from GNC and it made me break out badly so i stopped using it. If any has any advice PLEASE HELP ME...

Naturally Curly and you guys are my savors..I need advice to not get discouraged.

I have also been transitioning since Oct 2009 and have about the same amount of new growth that you do! Nothing works to make it grow faster- I have tried everything, from vitamin supplements to megtek, hair is only going to grow as fast as is genetically possible. Your vitamin supplements and treatments will however allow you to retain the length that you get by not allowing as many split ends to break up the shaft of the hair and cause more damage that way.

I totally feel your pain. I grow about 1/4-1/2" a month, and compared to all the women on here who boast about getting 3/4" to 1.5" a month I sometimes feel like strangling them LOL :tongue:

I've been getting it dusted about once every 6 months, and it seems to be good enough for me because I do a lot of protective styling like braids and lots of protein/moisturizing treatments and stay away from the heat appliances to prevent getting splits and breakage. Us slow growing girls have to make sure we protect what we DO get very, very well.

Don't get discouraged... I know the feeling all too well! It sucks for us but in the end, what else are you going to do but wait for it to grow out anyway? Just stay focused on protecting what you do get and keeping good damage control!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file