A few tips on treatments for newbies and not so newbies too

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rymorg, I did this on Sunday - a protein treatment (I used Sally's knockoff of the K-pack) followed by a DT (CJ deeply decadent, I think, it was a sample; I really hate the smell but the product is good) and my hair came out great!
    But then I went to a bbq and the day was grey and misty, giving way to drizzles in the afternoon, and my hair went limp and frizzy. It ruined my perfect hair. LOL
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Rymorg, I did this on Sunday - a protein treatment (I used Sally's knockoff of the K-pack) followed by a DT (CJ deeply decadent, I think, it was a sample; I really hate the smell but the product is good) and my hair came out great!
    But then I went to a bbq and the day was grey and misty, giving way to drizzles in the afternoon, and my hair went limp and frizzy. It ruined my perfect hair. LOL

Oh good I'm glad it worked for you!!!!

Darn Drizzles....that happened to me today. GRRR
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShreelaShreela Posts: 10Registered Users
    This thread is awesome, thanks so much!

I'm new here, and also to learning how to care for my curls properly. Stylist had taught me scrunching, and about protein treatments in the past, but just the minimal basics, which kinda scared me about using protein more than once in a blue moon LOL

I had a health problem which caused pretty bad pain on and off for a little over 2 years, so I just shampooed my hair 1-2 times a week and conditioned with suave. I even cut my own hair so I wouldn't have to leave the house, for I never knew when I'd have a painful attack.A new dr figured out what was triggering my painful episodes a few weeks ago, now I'm a new woman, rebuilding my life, yay!

I believe my hair is 3b, chemically dyed dark auburn with 2" salt/pepper roots. Total length is shoulder, and sides are bottom of ear (dry length). I believe its fairly porous/damaged from the chem dye, especially one side which was damaged enough to feel crunchy, but didn't break easily. I don't use ANY heat, and don't think I have build-up because I haven't used gels for a long time.

I bought GVP KPac and Biolage after reading this thread, and followed the advise to blot hair semi-dry before applying. I used the GVP Biolage first, wrapped in a produce bag (out of saran LOL) then a towel, cold-rinsed, followed with the GVP KPac, blotted, produce bag/towel, cold-rinse, finally repeated above with GVP Biolage again.

I did NOT use heat, but left each treatment in for about 45 minutes. After the last cold-rinse, I applied about 1 tsp evoo with a few drops of argon oil, scrunched with micro-fiber, then air-dried.

I didn't get the "wow" results that some in this thread did, although I did see nice improvements in the more damaged side, and I no longer had flat-head which was nice. Perhaps my almost-fifty age has slightly different treatment needs?

Would more of both treatments bring accumulative results? Would heat improve the results? Would an ACV rinse that I forgot to use have made any difference?

I've also been studying henna, and hope that a henna/indigo w/ amla (pure henna powder, not the premixed "henna dye bottles) might get rid of my salt/pepper with less damage that chem-dyes. Would this be considered a protein "treatment", which would require less PTs and more DTs? I'm putting off the henna for a while until I hopefully bring back a little softness/shine to my curls, and know a bit more, for I don't want to cause more damage with ignorance.

Last question: I read about samples in this thread. So far I've been using Suave coconut as my cowash, then added the GVP Biolage/KPac, but I don't have a "leave-in" other than the Suave, no gel, shine, serum, ect... I've been reading recommendations, but as a newb to the CG method, it's a bit over-whelming. Is there a thread for obtaining sample pacs? I'd much rather pay someone for some samples than purchase full sized and find out the products aren't right for my hair.

:love7:Thanks SO much to all the curlie girls for figuring out how to do all this, and helping us newbs!!
    CG-Newbie: 3b-M-ii/iii; med-high porosity; shoulder-length
    Hi Shreela, YW!

First of all I'm glad your new doc figured it out!!! That's AWESOME....

As for your treatments, you want to start with the KPak first then follow with the Biolage. The reason you didn't get better results is you followed moisture with protein instead of the other way around. So the protein forced some moisture from your hair. I'll bet if you do the protein first you'll get better results next time. Try that and let me know how it goes. ACV just closes the cuticle down, so won't affect the results. Heat may or may not help, but cut back on the time it's on if you use heat.

As for Henna, personally I don't consider it a treatment. The henna will bond with the protein in your hair and it'll feel better but you may find you lose some curl too.

And finally, if you look up KathyMack on the members list, and click on the link in her siggie to her fotki, she sells samples of a lot of the stuff that a lot of the people here use daily. That's where I'd start.

HTH!
    Shreela wrote: »
    This thread is awesome, thanks so much!

I'm new here, and also to learning how to care for my curls properly. Stylist had taught me scrunching, and about protein treatments in the past, but just the minimal basics, which kinda scared me about using protein more than once in a blue moon LOL

I had a health problem which caused pretty bad pain on and off for a little over 2 years, so I just shampooed my hair 1-2 times a week and conditioned with suave. I even cut my own hair so I wouldn't have to leave the house, for I never knew when I'd have a painful attack.A new dr figured out what was triggering my painful episodes a few weeks ago, now I'm a new woman, rebuilding my life, yay!

I believe my hair is 3b, chemically dyed dark auburn with 2" salt/pepper roots. Total length is shoulder, and sides are bottom of ear (dry length). I believe its fairly porous/damaged from the chem dye, especially one side which was damaged enough to feel crunchy, but didn't break easily. I don't use ANY heat, and don't think I have build-up because I haven't used gels for a long time.

I bought GVP KPac and Biolage after reading this thread, and followed the advise to blot hair semi-dry before applying. I used the GVP Biolage first, wrapped in a produce bag (out of saran LOL) then a towel, cold-rinsed, followed with the GVP KPac, blotted, produce bag/towel, cold-rinse, finally repeated above with GVP Biolage again.

I did NOT use heat, but left each treatment in for about 45 minutes. After the last cold-rinse, I applied about 1 tsp evoo with a few drops of argon oil, scrunched with micro-fiber, then air-dried.

I didn't get the "wow" results that some in this thread did, although I did see nice improvements in the more damaged side, and I no longer had flat-head which was nice. Perhaps my almost-fifty age has slightly different treatment needs?

Would more of both treatments bring accumulative results? Would heat improve the results? Would an ACV rinse that I forgot to use have made any difference?

I've also been studying henna, and hope that a henna/indigo w/ amla (pure henna powder, not the premixed "henna dye bottles) might get rid of my salt/pepper with less damage that chem-dyes. Would this be considered a protein "treatment", which would require less PTs and more DTs? I'm putting off the henna for a while until I hopefully bring back a little softness/shine to my curls, and know a bit more, for I don't want to cause more damage with ignorance.

Last question: I read about samples in this thread. So far I've been using Suave coconut as my cowash, then added the GVP Biolage/KPac, but I don't have a "leave-in" other than the Suave, no gel, shine, serum, ect... I've been reading recommendations, but as a newb to the CG method, it's a bit over-whelming. Is there a thread for obtaining sample pacs? I'd much rather pay someone for some samples than purchase full sized and find out the products aren't right for my hair.

:love7:Thanks SO much to all the curlie girls for figuring out how to do all this, and helping us newbs!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks SO much rymorg2! I'll do another PT followed by the DT after I sleep and see how it turns out. I'll look up KathyMack now so I can check out her Fotki. And thanks for the info on the henna, I was afraid to move too quickly just in case, but now I feel more comfortable about it. PS: I've read that mixing amla with the henna reduces curl loss, but when I did gel my hair, the top layer's ringlets were fairly tight.

Once techno-junkie hubby finds the micro-card adapter thingee, I'll be able to transfer/upload progress to Fotki. But who knows how long it'll take for him to find it, since he never puts things in the same place twice LOL
    You're welcome! Let me know how it turns out! I've done henna in the past, and it's totally not for me. Most of the time I stick with demipermanent color only, but recently my grays are getting more resistant. So we'll see how long that lasts. Sigh....
    Shreela wrote: »
    Thanks SO much rymorg2! I'll do another PT followed by the DT after I sleep and see how it turns out. I'll look up KathyMack now so I can check out her Fotki. And thanks for the info on the henna, I was afraid to move too quickly just in case, but now I feel more comfortable about it. PS: I've read that mixing amla with the henna reduces curl loss, but when I did gel my hair, the top layer's ringlets were fairly tight.

Once techno-junkie hubby finds the micro-card adapter thingee, I'll be able to transfer/upload progress to Fotki. But who knows how long it'll take for him to find it, since he never puts things in the same place twice LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    You're welcome! Let me know how it turns out! I've done henna in the past, and it's totally not for me. Most of the time I stick with demipermanent color only, but recently my grays are getting more resistant. So we'll see how long that lasts. Sigh....

Today I did a cowash, squished out as much water as possible with a microfiber towel, put on GVP KPac, covered with plastic then a towel straight of the dryer, and left in for about 40 minutes. After rinsing, I DT'd with GVP Bioloage for about an hour, rinse with water, then ACV diluted 4:1, then used Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel, which made it difficult for me to tell if the 2nd PT/DT made it feel any better LOL

While the following pic doesn't look lustrous, at least my right side (darker) no longer looks like curly straw that stuck out, yay. This pic will be my pre henna pic also.
    http://public.fotki.com/Shreela/henna/pre-henna.html

Although I'd love to get rid of my gray as quickly as possible, now that I'm feeling so much better, I certainly don't want to make mistakes due to lack of study, and end up with a big red or orange streak, or the darker hair to be too dark for my age.
    Looks good, Shreela! More treatments should give you even better results over time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elaurieelaurie Posts: 1Registered Users
    If I'm understanding this correctly, then thank you!!! If I'm wrong, thank you still--I'm a newbie and have learned a lot--but, I'll be very sad!!!

I'm fine/medium 100% gray, and have been coloring for 20 years. When I started coloring 20 years ago (at age 21 due to premature gray), I stopped blow drying straight daily (I shampooed daily then also) because I was afraid the combo would be too damaging.

Recently I've started blow drying again, but only every four days. My length is a little below the shoulders, long layers, and I was having trouble with the "big 80's" look that was a little frizzy until I discovered Nexxus Emergencee and Humectress a couple of months ago.

I've been afraid of using Emergencee each time I blow dry but when I do use it, my hair is incredible...no big hair and it's completely silky shiny and looks as healthy (if not more! than it did in my teens). I use a no sulfate shampoo, then Emergencee, then shampoo again, then Humectress. I rinse and use a little Humectress as a leave in, then blow dry. The results are fantastic!!! When I skip the Emergencee, it's big 80's frizzy .

So please please please tell me using Emergencee every four days isn't harmful since my hair loves!!! it so much. That's what I think you're saying here, that using a PT frequently won't actually harm my hair? If so, I'm a happy woman!!! If I can use a PT that frequently, I may try one of the products mentioned above that isn't as loaded with protein as Emergencee. What are your thoughts about that?
  • musicaleloquencemusicaleloquence Posts: 112Registered Users
    I'd just like to thank everyone that's contributed to this thread. I've been having protein issues and thanks to y'all, I now have a list of things I can go out and get to try to rectify the situation.

Thanks!! :D
    Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
    Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
    LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
    Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).

event.png
    Once or twice a week like that won't hurt your hair, as long as you're not protein sensitive. With your fine hair I'm sure you'll be fine. Most fine haireds are also pretty porous....we lose protein much easier than others. If it ain't broke don't fix it! :) As for trying other things, that's up to you. I think you're ok if you haven't had any issues up till now. Even those that are protein sensitive need it once in awhile.

I would suggest skipping the shampoo between the emergencee and the humectress though. Try it on a day where you don't have to go anywhere first to see how it does, and if it changes things then go back to what you were doing.
    elaurie wrote: »
    If I'm understanding this correctly, then thank you!!! If I'm wrong, thank you still--I'm a newbie and have learned a lot--but, I'll be very sad!!!

I'm fine/medium 100% gray, and have been coloring for 20 years. When I started coloring 20 years ago (at age 21 due to premature gray), I stopped blow drying straight daily (I shampooed daily then also) because I was afraid the combo would be too damaging.

Recently I've started blow drying again, but only every four days. My length is a little below the shoulders, long layers, and I was having trouble with the "big 80's" look that was a little frizzy until I discovered Nexxus Emergencee and Humectress a couple of months ago.

I've been afraid of using Emergencee each time I blow dry but when I do use it, my hair is incredible...no big hair and it's completely silky shiny and looks as healthy (if not more! than it did in my teens). I use a no sulfate shampoo, then Emergencee, then shampoo again, then Humectress. I rinse and use a little Humectress as a leave in, then blow dry. The results are fantastic!!! When I skip the Emergencee, it's big 80's frizzy .

So please please please tell me using Emergencee every four days isn't harmful since my hair loves!!! it so much. That's what I think you're saying here, that using a PT frequently won't actually harm my hair? If so, I'm a happy woman!!! If I can use a PT that frequently, I may try one of the products mentioned above that isn't as loaded with protein as Emergencee. What are your thoughts about that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm glad it's given you ideas musicaleloquence!! :D
    I'd just like to thank everyone that's contributed to this thread. I've been having protein issues and thanks to y'all, I now have a list of things I can go out and get to try to rectify the situation.

Thanks!! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poepoe Posts: 112Registered Users
    Thanks for the info. I read the whole thread and it was very helpful. I went out to Sallys today and got the GVP versions of the kpak and Biolage and did a PT followed by a DT. After that I wasn't sure what to do... normally after I wash my hair I add KCTC and then detangle so that's what I did after rinsing out the biolage. It looks good now but it always looks good wet so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it made any difference. But anywho, thanks for sharing the knowledge!
  • musicaleloquencemusicaleloquence Posts: 112Registered Users
    Rymorg, do you think it would be possible to talk a little bit about different proteins and how they interact with our hair?

For example, I know for a fact that Deva's B'leave-in is one of my HG products. It contains two listings of wheat aminos and an oat amino. I was going to get a hold of the knock-off K-Pac, but as it's another sort of protein, I'm not sure what to expect.

So I suppose my question is what difference, if any, do each proteins make- and why? Is it the actual peptide bonds that are different? Is it the shape/size of the protein?

Thanks again for all your help. :)
    Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
    Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
    LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
    Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).

event.png
    poe wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I read the whole thread and it was very helpful. I went out to Sallys today and got the GVP versions of the kpak and Biolage and did a PT followed by a DT. After that I wasn't sure what to do... normally after I wash my hair I add KCTC and then detangle so that's what I did after rinsing out the biolage. It looks good now but it always looks good wet so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it made any difference. But anywho, thanks for sharing the knowledge!

YW! Did it help? :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Amino acids are some of the easiest absorbed proteins that you can use on your hair. But it just varies from person to person, and I can't predict what causes it. Some people just have issues with certain types. It's just a matter of trying them. If you know B'Leave in works, look for products that have the wheat and oat aminos in them.
    Rymorg, do you think it would be possible to talk a little bit about different proteins and how they interact with our hair?

For example, I know for a fact that Deva's B'leave-in is one of my HG products. It contains two listings of wheat aminos and an oat amino. I was going to get a hold of the knock-off K-Pac, but as it's another sort of protein, I'm not sure what to expect.

So I suppose my question is what difference, if any, do each proteins make- and why? Is it the actual peptide bonds that are different? Is it the shape/size of the protein?

Thanks again for all your help. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poepoe Posts: 112Registered Users

It did! My hair is back to normal. My hair was behaving a little weirdly lately and I think it needed some protein. Thanks!
    poe wrote: »

It did! My hair is back to normal. My hair was behaving a little weirdly lately and I think it needed some protein. Thanks!

Good I'm glad it worked for you!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LolaMeiLolaMei Posts: 24Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did my first one with Ion Effective from Sally's, but I only left it on for 5 minutes. Next time, I will try longer!

Do you have any experience with the Aphogee 2 step? I had read about it on another thread. It sounds super intense and scares me a little!

I tried a homemade one and it was a disaster...I couldn't rinse it out and my hair was a oily blob for a few days...I think I will stick with Sally's...hahah!

Thanks for taking the time to explain this! I just colored my hair so I am thinking this weekend I will try another PT/DT!
    Lola
    CG since 9-2010
    Type: 2c
    Cowash: Miss Jessie Creme de la Curl
    Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    Styling: Eco Styler Krystal Gel, Miss Jessie Jelly Soft or Pillow Soft; DevaCurl Set it Up for 2nd day hair
    DT: Ojon, Ion Effective
  • AJsmommyAJsmommy Posts: 22Registered Users
    This thread has been so helpful! I was afraid of protein before but it turns out that's just what I needed! I was so fed up with my hair, then I came back to this site and saw this thread. Thank you so much!!!

Quick question, I'm getting my hair colored this afternoon. How long should I wait before doing a PT? I use a semi permanent (demi?) color with a bit of red in it. I hate when it fades too fast. TIA!
    Shannon - 3a, color treated, medium texture, low/medium porosity

Currently loving homemade FSG, protein and more protein!
    Sometimes love KCKT+KCCC, Ecostyler

AJsmommy wrote: »
    This thread has been so helpful! I was afraid of protein before but it turns out that's just what I needed! I was so fed up with my hair, then I came back to this site and saw this thread. Thank you so much!!!

Quick question, I'm getting my hair colored this afternoon. How long should I wait before doing a PT? I use a semi permanent (demi?) color with a bit of red in it. I hate when it fades too fast. TIA!

So sorry, been having computer issues.

Wait at least 48 hrs before even wetting your hair. Then it should be safe to PT as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LolaMei wrote: »
    I did my first one with Ion Effective from Sally's, but I only left it on for 5 minutes. Next time, I will try longer!

Do you have any experience with the Aphogee 2 step? I had read about it on another thread. It sounds super intense and scares me a little!

I tried a homemade one and it was a disaster...I couldn't rinse it out and my hair was a oily blob for a few days...I think I will stick with Sally's...hahah!

Thanks for taking the time to explain this! I just colored my hair so I am thinking this weekend I will try another PT/DT!

YW! :D

Unfortunately I have ZERO experience with the Aphogee LOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrobsfjrobsf Posts: 58Registered Users
    LolaMei, I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but Ion Effective Care was amazing for me! I did it last night - 5 minutes on (in the shower, no additional heat) then rinsed. My hair felt silky, but I took no chances and slathered on some Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner for 5 mins.

My hair feels looks and feels so great - it seems thicker and shiny. I bought the individual treatment (only .99!) and I'll be going back for a full bottle (like $6 for the 12 ounce size). It's CG and vegan - go figure.

I was going to buy Emergencee or Joico, but I'm so glad I tried the Effective Care first. I'm still covetously eying the SS line, but for now I'm happy...
    -Porosity an ongoing mystery, fine texture
    -Hair likes: light conditioners and light protein, light cones
    -Hair dislikes: oils, heavy conditioners, and glycerin

-Co-wash/conditioner: Elucence Moisture
    -DPT (rarely): Ion Effective Care
    -Styling products: Elucence as a leave-in and (cone alert) Giovanni Frizz Be Gone
  • LolaMeiLolaMei Posts: 24Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I decided to take the Aphogee back - it just was too much work! (and kinda scary!) I am going to try the Ion again. My hair feels so dry...and you are right! You can't beat the price...
    Lola
    CG since 9-2010
    Type: 2c
    Cowash: Miss Jessie Creme de la Curl
    Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    Styling: Eco Styler Krystal Gel, Miss Jessie Jelly Soft or Pillow Soft; DevaCurl Set it Up for 2nd day hair
    DT: Ojon, Ion Effective
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LolaMei wrote: »
    I decided to take the Aphogee back - it just was too much work! (and kinda scary!) I am going to try the Ion again. My hair feels so dry...and you are right! You can't beat the price...
    I've used ion and aphogee. I like both. The collagen in the aphogee seems to work in a different way then the proteins in the ion. The collagen in aphogee seems to help more with my elasticity. If you are scared of the aphogee (don't blame you), try IAgirl's gelatin protein treatment. I really like it. Gelatin has collagen. Nexxus emergencee also has collagen.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/116257-pt-recipe-promised.html
    Some people find the ion PT to be to mild for them. On my hair it isn't so much mild as it is just different. I think the Ion seals the holes in my hair's cuticle. But this is just my instinct. I haven't done a scientific study. :)
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • TsMomTsMom Posts: 6Registered Users
    I've started adding protein treatments and ACV rinses to my hair this past month. 95% of my hair loves it. Curlier, softer, it's great. I have some locks of hair that are still confused from years of straightening. They vary from curling opposite the rest of my head to straight. Those sections of my hair seem to be straighter after the PT. Can any of you think of a reason for this? One of the locks falls right in front of my eyes when it doesn't behave. Very annoying.

Any tips are appreciated.
    2c-3b curls, fine hair, normal porosity
    Live in a very dry climate with very low dews
    Hate glycerin. Love ACV rinse and protein.
  • mesuemesue Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought Ouidad Deep Treatment before I found this site. I believe it has protien. Should I be following it with another no-protein deep treatment?

Here is a c/p of the ingredients:
    Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Lactamide MEA, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydro-lyzed Soy Protein, Cystine Bis-pg-propyl Silantriol, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lycine, Glutamic Acid, Myrist-amine Oxide, Polyquaternium-11, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-59, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.
    Sue

Axed the perpetual ponytail and went curly on 1/6/2011.
    Hair Properties: 3a/b, fine-medium texture, thick density, normal porosity.
    Still experimenting with products and routine.
    So far, I like: FSG, GTTTT, V05 Conditioners, protein treatments, this towel.

"Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general." - Ulysses Everett McGill
    Hi Sue, plenty of proteins in there for sure....if you're having luck with it by itself you may be fine, but if it were me I'd follow with moisture.
    mesue wrote: »
    I bought Ouidad Deep Treatment before I found this site. I believe it has protien. Should I be following it with another no-protein deep treatment?

Here is a c/p of the ingredients:
    Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Lactamide MEA, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydro-lyzed Soy Protein, Cystine Bis-pg-propyl Silantriol, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lycine, Glutamic Acid, Myrist-amine Oxide, Polyquaternium-11, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-59, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mesuemesue Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Sue, plenty of proteins in there for sure....if you're having luck with it by itself you may be fine, but if it were me I'd follow with moisture.
    Thanks. I will do that next time.
    Sue

Axed the perpetual ponytail and went curly on 1/6/2011.
    Hair Properties: 3a/b, fine-medium texture, thick density, normal porosity.
    Still experimenting with products and routine.
    So far, I like: FSG, GTTTT, V05 Conditioners, protein treatments, this towel.

"Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general." - Ulysses Everett McGill
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bumping it up!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file