A few tips on treatments for newbies and not so newbies too

Comments

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Yeah I find I'm back here when the hair is back to driving me nuts lol! I had hoped to find the Nexxus Emergencee at Walmart last night but didn't. So, I'm sitting here with the VO5 hot oil stuff on my head. Going to go for an hour then throw some conditioner mixed with honey on my head for a bit.

I've never tried the SS or CJ stuff, but it sounds like I should, especially if my hair looks better after this. I've never ever know if my hair likes/dislikes protein because I could never just figure it out! Vitamin Shoppe is just minutes away and I'm fond of the AOHR, so I could get that other one mentioned. Also going to get some Jessicurl WTD with that discount she's offering right now.

I'm rambling. Anyway, thanks for this thread and all the help you've given! ;)

LOL I can relate! Hot oil is good, sounds like a plan.

CJ and SS are my hg lines. I'm sure you'd love them! There are a few products in each of the lines that don't work QUITE as well for me, but across the board I can pretty much get most of them to work for me. The AOGPB is pretty good too. I used to use the swimmers condish as well, which is protein laden too. I still have JCWDT onhand too, especially in the unscented, since I have the occasional sensitivity problem but not as much as before. It actually works better for me when I want to wear my hair straight though, like when I round brush it sometimes.

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help! I remember when I first found NC.com, you were a HUGE help to me, so I'm glad I could repay the favor in some small way. :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystal TipsCrystal Tips Posts: 240Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On a side note ... Crystal Tips - I want your hair when you're done with it! :D:D I've been visiting your album and holy cow, those are some awesome curls at any length. Wish I had enough hair to use those big jaw clips! You have an official hair stalker. :twisted:

Hi LavenderCurls, I'm v flattered by your comments - thanks so much. :sunny: I'm using the jaw clips less, now that I have gone so much shorter - but can't live without the metal curl clips to give root lift at the crown (although I would prefer them to be made out of plastic - like the Devaclips - as they can catch in the hair if you're impatient removing them - like I am!)
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • blondie_75blondie_75 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I absolutely love this thread! I have been lurking around for several years on and off. I have been fighting the curly for 30+ years. I had to create an account to say thank you! I can't tell you how confused I get reading about hair characteristics and to pt or dt or what....this thread answered ALOT! It finally makes so much sense - pt in my future!

Thanks again!
    blondie_75 wrote: »
    I absolutely love this thread! I have been lurking around for several years on and off. I have been fighting the curly for 30+ years. I had to create an account to say thank you! I can't tell you how confused I get reading about hair characteristics and to pt or dt or what....this thread answered ALOT! It finally makes so much sense - pt in my future!

Thanks again!

Welcome to non lurkdom, blondie! :D

Thank YOU so much for making my day! I'm so glad I could help. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyMomCurlyMom Posts: 334Registered Users
    Yeah I find I'm back here when the hair is back to driving me nuts lol! I had hoped to find the Nexxus Emergencee at Walmart last night but didn't. So, I'm sitting here with the VO5 hot oil stuff on my head. Going to go for an hour then throw some conditioner mixed with honey on my head for a bit.

I've never tried the SS or CJ stuff, but it sounds like I should, especially if my hair looks better after this. I've never ever know if my hair likes/dislikes protein because I could never just figure it out! Vitamin Shoppe is just minutes away and I'm fond of the AOHR, so I could get that other one mentioned. Also going to get some Jessicurl WTD with that discount she's offering right now.

I'm rambling. Anyway, thanks for this thread and all the help you've given! ;)

fwiw I can only find Emergencee @ Walgreens!
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • lizabethlizabeth Posts: 3Registered Users
    I thought I'd post an update. I did another PT last week - this time I left the k-pax on for an hour. I didn't follow it with any moisture - just rinsed out and did my usual styling. My hair was still soft - and is really starting to look healthier(the crown seems to be the only dry damaged part now). I'm going to keep trying weekly hour long treatments with the k-pax - see if I can reverse all the damage. I don't think I realized how very dry and damaged it was until it started getting better.

Thanks again for this thread! I don't know if I would've even tried protein if I hadn't read this!
    lizabeth wrote: »
    I thought I'd post an update. I did another PT last week - this time I left the k-pax on for an hour. I didn't follow it with any moisture - just rinsed out and did my usual styling. My hair was still soft - and is really starting to look healthier(the crown seems to be the only dry damaged part now). I'm going to keep trying weekly hour long treatments with the k-pax - see if I can reverse all the damage. I don't think I realized how very dry and damaged it was until it started getting better.

Thanks again for this thread! I don't know if I would've even tried protein if I hadn't read this!

That's great lizabeth! Keep an eye on it as you do your protein treatments....if it feels a little dry after one then follow with moisture. YW! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rymorg2 - I am trying my best not to order anything online until I've managed to wade through most of my plethora of products now. So quit temptin' me! :lol: And how nice to know I helped you out way back when! You've helped me immensely with this thread! My hair responded wonderfully to the PT/DT. It's still crappy dark, but the curls are mostly back and the BEST thing is that the breakage has slowed considerably! When I'd cowash or put products in, I was losing scary amounts of hair. Not good when you already have thin hair. But man has your suggestions helped. I went to Sally's and got their brand of Joico K-Pack and Biolage Conditioning Balm. Major improvements in my hair this week. You're my hero!

crystal tips - Yeah, I hate pulling clips out of my hair. I only wish my hair as as thick as yours to get them to stay in half-way decent! I say it again .. love your hair at any length!

CurlyMom - Thanks for the info on Emergencee at Walgreens!

I tried to multi-quote, but this one doesn't do like most of the ones I've used before. :sad1:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    rymorg2 - I am trying my best not to order anything online until I've managed to wade through most of my plethora of products now. So quit temptin' me! :lol: And how nice to know I helped you out way back when! You've helped me immensely with this thread! My hair responded wonderfully to the PT/DT. It's still crappy dark, but the curls are mostly back and the BEST thing is that the breakage has slowed considerably! When I'd cowash or put products in, I was losing scary amounts of hair. Not good when you already have thin hair. But man has your suggestions helped. I went to Sally's and got their brand of Joico K-Pack and Biolage Conditioning Balm. Major improvements in my hair this week. You're my hero!

Oh HOORAY!!!!!! I'm glad it worked well for you! I know it's annoying, the breakage and the hair loss, but the protein should definitely continue to help!

HAHA do you know HOW many times I've tried a purchasing moratorium like that? I CANNOT do it. I go through little times where I don't find anything new to try but they don't last long I assure you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    HAHA do you know HOW many times I've tried a purchasing moratorium like that? I CANNOT do it. I go through little times where I don't find anything new to try but they don't last long I assure you.

The only way I could keep from buying so much was to stay away from this site! :laughing4:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB

The only way I could keep from buying so much was to stay away from this site! :laughing4:

Oh, even THAT doesn't work for me! ROFLMBO!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GirlSailorGirlSailor Posts: 45Registered Users
    Thanks so much once again Rymorg2! I now understand the PT and DT issues much better now, and think I am definitely in need of numerous PTs.

I have been DTing but the results have been lackluster, literally and figuratively.

Thanks again for making things more clear for this newbie! You rock! :duckie:
  • eLiciafayeLiciafay Posts: 18Registered Users

You're so welcome!! :D Glad I could help!

I've never made any treatments homemade, not even PT, so I'm not going to be much help there. I will say that oils and butters are softening emollients and glycerin or agave nectar or honey are humectants and in a good moisturizing treatment you need both. My hair is glycerin sensitive....sometimes it gets gunked up by it or frizzes, and I have to be careful how many products I use with it in them. Agave nectar, though, is my hair's best friend.

Maybe I'll just stick to good ole GVP Conditioning Balm and not over think or muck up my hair lol. Wonderful information...thanks again :wave:

Yeah, Conditioning balm is good. YW! :blob5:

I am so glad I found this thread! I have pink in my hair - stylist bleached it to nearly white, then put the pink semi-perm color in. I LOVE my pink but the colored spots do not curl up as well as the rest of my hair! I know it's because it's processed to hell and I need to do "something" to fix it...but I'm such a N00B I can't make sense of all these abbreviated product names. I get cross eyed.

Can someone please help me? I need recs for easy to find protein and deep moisture treatments. I'll even make my own, I don't care. But if it's a conventional store bought product, could I trouble you to please spell out what it's called even if it's supercalafragilisticexpealadocious? Please? *sniff* Because my pink hair wants to be in the curly club with the rest of my hair, badly. My pink hair feels left out.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since you asked nice in a Mary Poppins way and you have pink hair...
    DT=deep treatment
    PT=protein treatment
    SS=spiral solutions (on etsy)
    CJ=curl junkie (curljunkie.com)
    AO=aubrey organics
    CJH&BDF= [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Hibiscus--Banana-Deep-Fix-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-478.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-hibiscus-banana-deep-fix-moisturizing-conditioner]curl junkie hibiscus and banana deep fix[/buylink], deep treatment
    BRHG=biosilk rock hard gelle
    AOGPB= aubrey organics gpb, mild pt/protein heavy conditioner
    AOHR=aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose, very moisturizing conditioner
    KPac=joiko k-pac or the sally beauty generic version, protein treatment
    GVP=generic value product, sally beauty generic brand
    GVP CB=gvp conditioning balm, sally beauty's generic boilage conditioner, moisturizing conditioner
    SSRPT=spiral solutions repairing protein treatment
    CJCF=curl junkie curl fix, protein treatment
    Emergencee=Nexxus Emergencee, protein treatment
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    GirlSailor wrote: »
    Thanks so much once again Rymorg2! I now understand the PT and DT issues much better now, and think I am definitely in need of numerous PTs.

I have been DTing but the results have been lackluster, literally and figuratively.

Thanks again for making things more clear for this newbie! You rock! :duckie:

Aww, you're so welcome! I'm glad I could help! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    eLiciafay wrote: »

Maybe I'll just stick to good ole GVP Conditioning Balm and not over think or muck up my hair lol. Wonderful information...thanks again :wave:

Yeah, Conditioning balm is good. YW! :blob5:

I am so glad I found this thread! I have pink in my hair - stylist bleached it to nearly white, then put the pink semi-perm color in. I LOVE my pink but the colored spots do not curl up as well as the rest of my hair! I know it's because it's processed to hell and I need to do "something" to fix it...but I'm such a N00B I can't make sense of all these abbreviated product names. I get cross eyed.

Can someone please help me? I need recs for easy to find protein and deep moisture treatments. I'll even make my own, I don't care. But if it's a conventional store bought product, could I trouble you to please spell out what it's called even if it's supercalafragilisticexpealadocious? Please? *sniff* Because my pink hair wants to be in the curly club with the rest of my hair, badly. My pink hair feels left out.

Look at that Pedaheh, she did all the work for me! Thanks Ped!

Any of those would work. You can get a lot of the products on Ped's list on ground. Sallys carries both the generic versions of the Joico KPak and the Biolage Conditioning balm, which works well as a Deep Treatment following protein as it's moisture only.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pedaheh wrote: »
    Since you asked nice in a Mary Poppins way and you have pink hair...
    DT=deep treatment
    PT=protein treatment
    SS=spiral solutions (on etsy)
    CJ=curl junkie (curljunkie.com)
    AO=aubrey organics
    CJH&BDF= [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Hibiscus--Banana-Deep-Fix-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-478.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-hibiscus-banana-deep-fix-moisturizing-conditioner]curl junkie hibiscus and banana deep fix[/buylink]
    BRHG=biosilk rock hard gelle
    AOGPB= aubrey organics gpb
    AOHR=aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose
    KPac=joiko k-pac or the sally beauty generic version
    GVP=generic value product, sally beauty generic
    SSRPT=spiral solutions repairing protein treatment
    CJCF=curl junkie curl fix
    Emergencee=Nexxus Emergencee
    Look at that Pedaheh, she did all the work for me! Thanks Ped!

Any of those would work. You can get a lot of the products on Ped's list on ground. Sallys carries both the generic versions of the Joico KPak and the Biolage Conditioning balm, which works well as a Deep Treatment following protein as it's moisture only.

Thanks so much for the list - I'm going out to Sally's today. We just moved here and I know where Sally's is...not sure where I'd find the other stuff. I know where Ulta and Sephora is too, can I get this stuff at either of those stores?

And I promise I am not that dense, but I want to make sure I know what I am looking for and what each product will do. Please confirm for me, the KPak knock off is the protein treatment and the Biolage knock off conditioning balm is the moisturizing deep treatment, right?

Thanks so much for the extra help and hand holding. I know all the noobie questions get a little annoying and I'm sorry for being so needy of your assistance. But I sure am grateful for all the help! I'm really looking forward to my pink bits being cute and curly too. :)
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    eLiciafay wrote: »

Thanks so much for the list - I'm going out to Sally's today. We just moved here and I know where Sally's is...not sure where I'd find the other stuff. I know where Ulta and Sephora is too, can I get this stuff at either of those stores?

And I promise I am not that dense, but I want to make sure I know what I am looking for and what each product will do. Please confirm for me, the KPak knock off is the protein treatment and the Biolage knock off conditioning balm is the moisturizing deep treatment, right?

Thanks so much for the extra help and hand holding. I know all the noobie questions get a little annoying and I'm sorry for being so needy of your assistance. But I sure am grateful for all the help! I'm really looking forward to my pink bits being cute and curly too. :)

For the knockoffs of the K-Pak and Biolage you can only find those at Sally's. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you can find the name brands at salons or drugstores.

And yes, the K-Pak is the protein treatment and the Biolage is the deep treatment!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• NorthCoastLadyNorthCoastLady Posts: 230Registered Users
    This is an awesome thread. :) Thank you, rymorg for taking trouble to post it and thank YOU, Peda, for the list of abbreviations! I was getting a bit confuzzled on them, myself!

Quick question..instead of doing one separate treatment for protein and one for moisture, is it possible to combine them into one, or would they cancel each other out, somehow? I've been doing egg yolk plus olive oil once a week on my 2b, fine textured, very dry, porous hair, and while it feels stronger, I'm losing a bit of curl definition and the ends seem a bit drier. Would upping the moisture content help in the PT, or would it better to just bite the bullet and do a separate? I'll do them separately if I must, but my ultimate goal is to have healthy pretty hair with as least amount as fuss as possible. ;)

Dang, that wasn't such a quick question after all, sorry 'bout that!
    2a in the front/sides, 2b in the back.
    Highly porous, dry, fine, low elasticity
    Currently experimenting- I'm on a mission to eventually use all homemade products for my hair!
    CG since July '10.
    co-wash with White Rain Energizing Citrus
    Using coconut oil on ends nightly
    styling with aloe vera gel
    DT once a week with mayo, egg, olive oil.
    Focusing on scalp and hair health first, then length.
    This is an awesome thread. :) Thank you, rymorg for taking trouble to post it and thank YOU, Peda, for the list of abbreviations! I was getting a bit confuzzled on them, myself!

Quick question..instead of doing one separate treatment for protein and one for moisture, is it possible to combine them into one, or would they cancel each other out, somehow? I've been doing egg yolk plus olive oil once a week on my 2b, fine textured, very dry, porous hair, and while it feels stronger, I'm losing a bit of curl definition and the ends seem a bit drier. Would upping the moisture content help in the PT, or would it better to just bite the bullet and do a separate? I'll do them separately if I must, but my ultimate goal is to have healthy pretty hair with as least amount as fuss as possible. ;)

Dang, that wasn't such a quick question after all, sorry 'bout that!

YW! :D

You COULD....but you won't get as good results as if you keep them seperate. The protein forces moisture out of the hair, so if you combine them then some of the moisture you're trying to put back will be released too. HTH!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No problem. The abbreviations are very confusing at first. Since one of the reasons for this thread is to help newbies, it doesn't hurt to make it newbie friendly.:lol: This thread is also helpful for us not so newbies. Thanks Rymorg.

Here are some links on protein I have found to be helpful.

If you need information about the basics of protein and moisture, this is a great article.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...re.html?cat=69
    Here is a post from RCC's (user Redcelticurls) blog that shows pictures of her hair when it had too much protein and when it needed it.
    http://pittsburghcurly.wordpress.com...n-vs-moisture/
    This article states what different types of protein actually do for your hair.
    http://blackhairinformation.com/prot...econstructors/
    The blog The natural haven believes that hydrolized protein is the right size for hair.
    http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/...ning-part.html
    Tiffany/curl whisperer/struts wife believes that the larger protein from food can make it into your hair, it will just take it longer to get in there.
    http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/10/cu...reatments.html
    Yes, everyone needs some protein sometimes.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=61606
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    No problem. The abbreviations are very confusing at first. Since one of the reasons for this thread is to help newbies, it doesn't hurt to make it newbie friendly.:lol: This thread is also helpful for us not so newbies. Thanks Rymorg.

Here are some links on protein I have found to be helpful.

If you need information about the basics of protein and moisture, this is a great article.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...re.html?cat=69
    Here is a post from RCC's (user Redcelticurls) blog that shows pictures of her hair when it had too much protein and when it needed it.
    http://pittsburghcurly.wordpress.com...n-vs-moisture/
    This article states what different types of protein actually do for your hair.
    http://blackhairinformation.com/prot...econstructors/
    The blog The natural haven believes that hydrolized protein is the right size for hair.
    http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/...ning-part.html
    Tiffany/curl whisperer/struts wife believes that the larger protein from food can make it into your hair, it will just take it longer to get in there.
    http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/10/cu...reatments.html
    Yes, everyone needs some protein sometimes.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=61606

AWESOME resources, thanks so much! I wish we could "favorite" a post so we can come back to it for easy reference. I have a feeling I'll want to read these links a few times as I learn more about what my hair likes. I really appreciate your help, and the post by the OP that started it all.
  • waviewavie Posts: 237Registered Users
    Can PTs do permanent damage on your hair? I don't think so, right?

I'm just kind of worried I'll mess up my hair...I've never done one before and am planning to do one today or tomorrow (ion effective hair care from Sally's).

The problem is that it seems like my hair is craving moisture, not protein (based on the snap test, dryness, frizz, and people's comments). But the thing is I've been focusing on moisture the past year or 2 (even when I wasn't CG) and while my hair's gotten softer, the wave pattern is still wonky and weak and I'm getting absolutely no root wave w/ a ton of frizz (tried clipping and it got worse). Plus when I do the porosity test, my hair gets caught to the point I can feel squeaky vibrations, which I thought was a sign of damage.

So anyways, all of these contradictions led me to believe a lack of protein might be the problem...at least, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try a mild PT, as long as it's not gonna do some serious damage.

BTW thanks for all the info, this thread is awesome. TIA for any input.
    Hair type: 2C-3A, very dry, extremely low porosity, med elasticity, insanely thick kinky-wavy.
    HGs: Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner, Epsom salt rinse, Joico K-pak conditioner
    I just want to say that I have been doing the hour long PTs for over a month now and I get much better results then I was getting with the 10 minute PT that were on my package directions.
    Thanks Rymorg!
    wavie wrote: »
    Can PTs do permanent damage on your hair? I don't think so, right?

I'm just kind of worried I'll mess up my hair...I've never done one before and am planning to do one today or tomorrow (ion effective hair care from Sally's).

The problem is that it seems like my hair is craving moisture, not protein (based on the snap test, dryness, frizz, and people's comments). But the thing is I've been focusing on moisture the past year or 2 (even when I wasn't CG) and while my hair's gotten softer, the wave pattern is still wonky and weak and I'm getting absolutely no root wave w/ a ton of frizz (tried clipping and it got worse). Plus when I do the porosity test, my hair gets caught to the point I can feel squeaky vibrations, which I thought was a sign of damage.

So anyways, all of these contradictions led me to believe a lack of protein might be the problem...at least, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try a mild PT, as long as it's not gonna do some serious damage.

BTW thanks for all the info, this thread is awesome. TIA for any input.

Protein won't damage your hair. Your hair is made of protein...that's why it's used to reconstruct. There is a slight posibility that you may get dryness from the protein forcing out moisture, but if you follow with moisture and err on the side of caution and not keep it on too long you should be fine. You can always lengthen the time it's on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I just want to say that I have been doing the hour long PTs for over a month now and I get much better results then I was getting with the 10 minute PT that were on my package directions.
    Thanks Rymorg!

YW Pedaheh, glad it's working! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wavyhavawavyhava Posts: 32Registered Users
    THANK YOU RYMORG2!!! I really understand more about PT's and DT's now. I'm off to go start my first DT. Thank you thank you thank you!!
    2B/medium texture/high porosity.
    wavyhava wrote: »
    THANK YOU RYMORG2!!! I really understand more about PT's and DT's now. I'm off to go start my first DT. Thank you thank you thank you!!
    You're very welcome!!! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    Very helpful thread, thanks! Didn't know you were supposed to remove some of the water before applying the treatment, but it makes sense. I'll try that next time.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • jenny curljenny curl Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Hey rymorg.... quick question for you. I know that theories go back and forth as to whether or not you can give yourself "protein overload", but in YOUR opinion do you think that if I use products that contain protein on a daily basis, that would lead to breakage at my ends over the coarse of 4 or 5 months? I use Giovanni, Suave & Nature's Gate conditioners and lately I've noticed something funky going on with my ends. Could this be from using these products regularly? Or should the protein content in them be so insignificant to cause problems like this? TIA !!
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file