Afroveda sale TODAY ONLY!!

NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
15% savings on everything. Code: MDAY2010

It's a "Final" sale as AV is cooking up NEW stuff. Hmm..

I'm off to get my PUR whipped jelly...LOL!
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
Facebook|Twitter

Comments

• MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Registered Users Posts: 625
    IDK...still thinking about this one! I really like the Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir...placed 4 in the cart, came up to about $71.00...applied the coupon code & only $10.00 dropped...now that's NOT even with S&H included...:?Uuuuuungggghh!!!
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    IDK...still thinking about this one! I really like the Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir...placed 4 in the cart, came up to about $71.00...applied the coupon code & only $10.00 dropped...now that's NOT even with S&H included...:?Uuuuuungggghh!!!

Yeah, see I'm only getting the PUR gelly cause otherwise it's not all that worth it. Good thing I have plenty butter and such left. Though I was thinking of trying the Hempseed one, but too many folks said the formula changed and its not all that anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Registered Users Posts: 625
    Really not worth it & it's the only thing that I would consider re-ordering from AV @ this point, pretty much tried the bulk of her popular products. This past price hike now OFFICIALLY has me annoyed...:angry1:
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    Naturalista you beat me to it! It came right on time too because I was about to order last night and I figured I'll hold off to see what the Monday Mania sale would be. So I'm going to try to Cocolatte Moisture Mask, the goat milk conditioner, and a carrot seed bar. I've read a lot of good things about the PUR gelly but I'll try a sample of it.

@MrsComboCurlz
    I order online A LOT and 99% of the time shipping cost determines if I'll order. However, I try to give the smaller hair companies (with some possibly being home based?) a pass since they may not be established enough to charge a flat shipping rate. It kills me, but I just keep the order low.
    Naturalista you beat me to it! It came right on time too because I was about to order last night and I figured I'll hold off to see what the Monday Mania sale would be. So I'm going to try to Cocolatte Moisture Mask, the goat milk conditioner, and a carrot seed bar. I've read a lot of good things about the PUR gelly but I'll try a sample of it.

@MrsComboCurlz
    I order online A LOT and 99% of the time shipping cost determines if I'll order. However, I try to give the smaller hair companies (with some possibly being home based?) a pass since they may not be established enough to charge a flat shipping rate. It kills me, but I just keep the order low.

All of those are excellent choices. I enjoy that mask (on my hair and body) in addition to the poo bar especially. The goat milk condish I sampled last time and it was nice (result wise) but I didn't like the smell too hot. Same thing with the Shea-Amla butter--GREAT result but it smells more like frankincense than myrrh.. and I don't like frankincense.

Regardless of establishment or not it's not profitable to offer flat shipping when you're already offering product at low to reasonable prices. It just doesn't pay and even if they do have a manufacturer (established) they have to pay the manufacturer and the manufacturer/distributor establishes the shipping/handling costs and depending on your cost-profit margin that's how it all goes down. Now places like Amazon, Sally's Beauty and AveYou have soo much sponsorship where they can subsidize the costs of shipping it's such a godsend especially if you can't get the stuff on the ground. Anyway, the profit has to be made somehow...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    Yeah thats how I feel, Plus I just consider the 15% just like getting free shipping.
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589

LMAO PJ Queen - You beat me to this! I was just logging on to put this up myself! Y'all are hours ahead of me on the East Coast!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for posting this. I re-upped on Curl Define and a sample of the Pure Whipped Gelly.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    sagehen wrote: »

LMAO PJ Queen - You beat me to this! I was just logging on to put this up myself! Y'all are hours ahead of me on the East Coast!

LOL!! Mz. Sage stop calling me da queen...LOL!! I'm not official.. mayhap de facto...LOL!!!

Yeah I have a BB so everything comes to the phone and I'm on it in seconds! I saw this email and I was like.. "Mala... you're having a sale AND you're hinting at making new stuff? Hehe... lemme get some gelly!"

I hope she's not thinking of discontinuing certain things, cause curl define, cocolatte MM and PUR are my loves!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Thanks for posting this. I re-upped on Curl Define and a sample of the Pure Whipped Gelly.

Anytime SBB! I love those items as well but I had to behave and not get more curl define than I needed. Still @ over half here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    I sure do hope nothing I have come to like is being discontinued!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    Everytime I see my reviews on her site , I wanna punch her in the toe. LOL I hate having to drop her line after 2 years but ole girl changed up my products on me.

I saw this is the final monday mania, I wonder what shes going to come out with next.

I will keep an eye out but I dont like getting hooked and then the okie doke pulled on me when its time to restock.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    Everytime I see my reviews on her site , I wanna punch her in the toe. LOL I hate having to drop her line after 2 years but ole girl changed up my products on me.

I saw this is the final monday mania, I wonder what shes going to come out with next.

I will keep an eye out but I dont like getting hooked and then the okie doke pulled on me when its time to restock.

Oh no, does this mean she changes her products a lot?? I know people where mad about the ingredient change to the hemp butter.
    The Hemp Seed butter was a dark green product, It was almost a grease like consistency to it. It was very light and airy, now the Hemp Seed butter is just like the Shea- Amla with a light green tint to it. To me the only difference between her butters are the totally twisted and the other 2 ( shea-amla, hemp seed) is the TT is a little lighter. They didnt use to be like that. They also didnt have the same fragrance .

The PUR Whipped Gelly was like a thick custard and the Curly Custard ( Curl Define) was like a thick custard as well but light greenish, I havent repurchased the Curl Define so I dont know how it looks now but I heard it was different. The Whipped Jelly is now like a loose yogurt that moves like jello.
    The Hemp Seed butter was a dark green product, It was almost a grease like consistency to it. It was very light and airy, now the Hemp Seed butter is just like the Shea- Amla with a light green tint to it. To me the only difference between her butters are the totally twisted and the other 2 ( shea-amla, hemp seed) is the TT is a little lighter. They didnt use to be like that. They also didnt have the same fragrance .

The PUR Whipped Gelly was like a thick custard and the Curly Custard ( Curl Define) was like a thick custard as well but light greenish, I havent repurchased the Curl Define so I dont know how it looks now but I heard it was different. The Whipped Jelly is now like a loose yogurt that moves like jello.

My PUR whipped jelly is custardy to me as I can hang it upside open and jangle it and it doesn't move/try to leak out. It's like a thick,creamy lotion if that makes sense. Curl define is more like a lighter version of the TT IMO. Its white.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Her inconsistency is crazy. I know natural products can vary from batch to batch but dang. Fragrance and texture wise you can't get away with going too far off base. If it's stronger or less fragrant with every other batch, dang.

That's my gripe though. I don't like playing guess what you get when I make a purchase. I guess i'm just spoiled a little. When she wasn't that well known it was heaven.

Oh well. I still recommend her, I do keep an eye on her from time to time. I want to see what's she's formulating next.
    Her inconsistency is crazy. I know natural products can vary from batch to batch but dang. Fragrance and texture wise you can't get away with going too far off base. If it's stronger or less fragrant with every other batch, dang.

That's my gripe though. I don't like playing guess what you get when I make a purchase. I guess i'm just spoiled a little. When she wasn't that well known it was heaven.

Oh well. I still recommend her, I do keep an eye on her from time to time. I want to see what's she's formulating next.

Yup.. that's why my ears perked up to "final sale" cause I was like.. ooh.. NEW STUFF!

Now.. if she discontinues some faves, that would make me :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • butterflibutterfli Registered Users Posts: 178 Curl Neophyte
    I got a pur whipped jelly that is pink and pudding like. Is it suppose to be pink or was it ever pink?
    butterfli wrote: »
    I got a pur whipped jelly that is pink and pudding like. Is it suppose to be pink or was it ever pink?

Not sure it was ever pink, but the majority of ladies here were describing it as white from my current reading. Mine is white.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    butterfli wrote: »

Did you receive it from Afroveda or a swap? It as Naturalista stated a pure white color, It has always been white to my knowledge. If you received it from Mala ( Afroveda) I would take a picture and send it to her to request a replacement or your money back, likewise for a swap.

People should let you know if they have altered something before swapping it with you, ( even if thats not the case here)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file