Lush products

papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
Anybody use Lush products? I picked up a few bath bombs today and the salesperson was recommending some of the moisturizers and facial cleansers. They gave me a few samples but I'm wondering if anybody uses Lush?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like their perfume, and their shampoo bars aren't too bad. The rest of it...expensive and not great. I wouldn't use any of their facial stuff...because I don't think it's cleanly formulated nor are their actives effective.

I'm sure people with dry skin like their moisturizers and body butters, etc. I don't use any of that stuff.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wouldn't use Lush products on skin that's prone to acne or irritation. Their products are chock full of stuff that's known to mess skin up.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Their bath stuff is fun and they used to have a shampoo bar I liked, but I don't think of any of their stuff as essential. It's just fun. I have tried several of their face products and it's always just been a big mess. I think there's are serious consistency and quality control issues as well. One time something that has a nice smell with a little bit of (whatever) will STINK of (whatever) the next time you buy it.

My brother does like their hair products. He has super super curly hair. He went in with me and started talking to some girl with curly hair and walked out with a bag full of stuff. His hair looks great but that stuff is smelly in the heat.

The Razorantium shave cream and Ocean Salt scrub are excellent if you have razor bump prone skin. I even have the men in my family (husband, father, two brothers, none of whom are "producty" kind of guys. Ok, one brother is). I guess they have TWO necessary products and the rest are fun. I love the scrub, too. I think it's kind of pricey but I kind of think I need some today.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love LUSH because I'm product obsessed and I love the way their stuff smells.

I can't use many of their products on my face though. Most stuff has so many natural oils and butters, it makes me break out.

I like their Herbalism facewash - but if you use any face product by them, it is necessary to use a toner.

Some of their soaps are good. But I mostly like them for smells. The regular soaps are kind of drying, and most people complain that the buttercream soaps don't lather enough, but they're very moisturizing.

Lemslip and Chox Away are great on breakouts.

I like their shampoo bars.

Pretty much my favorite things are their Bubble Bars. I can get 3 baths out of one bubble bar.

Hubbs LOVES their shaving creams. Prince is fantastic.

For regular soap and deoderant, I like Dove and Secret better.

For the smells I get dusting powders and solid perfumes.

But it's still fun to play around and try out all their stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshinoDAshinoD Posts: 12Registered Users
    I have the coalface facewash, Tea tree water toner and the vanishing cream. I absolutely adore them. My face has never looked to clear and fresh since I started using them. I have oily skin and hyperpigmentation and it's all fading. I also have atopic dermatitis and since I started using the products (Dream Cream, Ocean Salt) the flareups are few and far between. I like that they use all natural products. I just got the lemony flutter cuticle cream in the mail yesterday and I absolutely adore the thick creaminess but I hate the smell. I used a nickel size on my cuticles but I could not take the smell. Its like lemon and wheatgerm. Money wasted :sad1:. If anyone wants to try it I am more then happy to give it away.
    Head full of 3c/4a Kinky Curly Curls
    Big Chop Nov '09
    Naturally Curly Newbie :wave:
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AshinoD wrote: »
    I have the coalface facewash, Tea tree water toner and the vanishing cream. I absolutely adore them. My face has never looked to clear and fresh since I started using them. I have oily skin and hyperpigmentation and it's all fading. I also have atopic dermatitis and since I started using the products (Dream Cream, Ocean Salt) the flareups are few and far between. I like that they use all natural products. I just got the lemony flutter cuticle cream in the mail yesterday and I absolutely adore the thick creaminess but I hate the smell. I used a nickel size on my cuticles but I could not take the smell. Its like lemon and wheatgerm. Money wasted :sad1:. If anyone wants to try it I am more then happy to give it away.

What's atopic dermatitis?

Hubbs has body skin irritations that look like tiny pimply rashes that flare up from time to time. He is a chef and spends hours sweating in a hot kitchen, which makes it worse.

I was thinking of getting some LUSH that I know are to calm skin. Maybe Fresh Farmacy - but I was going to shoot for Dream Cream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlieTopCurlieTop Posts: 345Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree, I think Lush products are best used on the body and to have a luxurious bath, but for real skin issues I'd default to what's safe. That said, I did try one of their masks and their oil-control serum. Neither messed up my skin, but I didn't see much of a difference either.
    ~ curlie top ~
    2C in back, 3A in front, fine to medium texture
    Last time I blow fried: Spring 2011
    Last time I flat ironed: Fall 2010
    Posting and You - A must watch
  • criscatcriscat Posts: 355Registered Users
    Love the bath & shower stuff.
    Currently using flying fox bath gel, figs and leaves soap, soft touch body butter.
    I always keep some bath melts and bombs for bathing.
    Also using the lemony flutter cuticle butter and the vanillary fragrance, loves it!
  • no1curlydivano1curlydiva Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    criscat wrote: »
    Love the bath & shower stuff.
    Currently using flying fox bath gel, figs and leaves soap, soft touch body butter.
    I always keep some bath melts and bombs for bathing.
    Also using the lemony flutter cuticle butter and the vanillary fragrance, loves it!

I LOVE the stuff for your feet! Lately, I have noticed that they have 2 partically interesting (to me anyway) products for hair, I was wondering if any Curly has tried these yet: "jasmine & henna fluff eaze" or the "R&B".
    http://www.lushusa.com/shop/catzoom/index.html?cat=Hair%20Treatments&sort_field=&sexpand=&itemcount=500
    [FONT=&quot]Last Relaxer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]January 2009;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BC[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: June 2010[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Condish VO5, Sauve[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DC:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Organicals; Henna/Indigo w/Ayurvedic herbs[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]LI: KimmeyTube Mix [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Seal: Any Oil [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I LOVE Oils & Butters ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]My whipped SB w/various oils mix)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Moisturizers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] SMCHCS, B.A.S.K Palm; Camile Rose[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stylers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] UFDCM; EcoBlue [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hair Type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4a/b[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Texture / [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Porosity: Not sure [/FONT]
  • blackperryblackperry Posts: 3Registered Users
    no1curlydiva, I've used "Jasmin & Henna fluff eaze". It did what it was supposed to do, with was great, but I just couldn't stand the smell. It was way to strong for me.

Right now I'm using Coalface to my face, and it seems to work pretty well. It atleast keeps my face matte. And it wasn't that expensive, so I'll hope it will keep up with the good work.
  • criscatcriscat Posts: 355Registered Users

I LOVE the stuff for your feet! Lately, I have noticed that they have 2 partically interesting (to me anyway) products for hair, I was wondering if any Curly has tried these yet: "jasmine & henna fluff eaze" or the "R&B".
    http://www.lushusa.com/shop/catzoom/index.html?cat=Hair%20Treatments&sort_field=&sexpand=&itemcount=500

No, but I want to try the R&B. I have H'Suan Wen Hua, which is fantastic! I highly recommend it, just apply to dry hair, leave as long as possible, then rinse it off with a good massage. I don't need to condition after, I just apply my styling product. Currently I'm in love with the Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm.

• anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    LOVE the Sympathy For The Skin moisturizer and the ocean-blue-looking (not the real name) bath bombs.
  • AshinoDAshinoD Posts: 12Registered Users
    Iroc, sorry it took so long. The easiest way I can describe atopic dermatitis is like like Eczema without the scaly parts. The hubs sounds like he may just have heat rash. He may need to use a loofah to scrub the skin so sweat can break through instead of forming pimples unless its really red. That may be something different. I'm no dermatologist but I get heat rash real bad especially when its hot and humid.
    Head full of 3c/4a Kinky Curly Curls
    Big Chop Nov '09
    Naturally Curly Newbie :wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file