We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I need for my hair to fall

gault62gault62 Posts: 26Registered Users
My hair is growing , but the problem is it grows out not down. If anyone can answer these questions please post the answer.

1. Do you have train you hair to fall.
2. How to make your twist stay with rolling the ends.
:confused:

Comments

• goodbyegoodbye Posts: 79Registered Users
    You want your hair to fall when you just wear it out curly?

I figure by year three, you should get a little bit of a fall factor but it's according to the nature of your hair. You can't "train your hair to fall" but you can use different techniques to coax it down i.e. diffusing your hair, even product distribution and using heavier products. HTH
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No, you do not have to train your hair to fall. It will fall on its own, once it has enough length/weight. Like Ashkat said, try heavier products: Henna, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], Butters, and Oils will definitely weight your hair down.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Truth of the matter is...it may still grow out. For YEARS my hair grew outward. Even beyond year 3. It only seemed to grow downward when I used certain products with a bit more weight or pull.

For me, it took having hair beyond BSL(stretched) for it to really drop(w/relying on products to help) And even now, before I cut my WL hair, if I only applied a leave in, some sections would shrink up and out more than it would hang. LOL!

I guess it's one of those things that will either happen, or not happen quite as you'd like. You have to just accept it as it comes(or not). I guess it just seems easier to just work with what it does naturally, rather than spend so much time trying to "train" your hair.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users
    Your hair may always grow out. But if it has the ability to hang down, you can do it as long as your hair is long enough to put in a pony. I started pineappling (high, loose ponytail) my hair at night around 1 1/2 years in. It has more hang, but I think my hair grows down anyway. It just helps with the shrinkage. I'd say pineappling is worth a try though, if you haven't already tried it.
    comic-p.jpg
  • naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    Soooo loving the pixistrip pictures mixed up! Gorgeous darling just gorgeous :)
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users
    naiha1 wrote: »
    Soooo loving the pixistrip pictures mixed up! Gorgeous darling just gorgeous :)

awwww thank you, bunches!!! :love1:
    comic-p.jpg
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Time and length will not necessarily make your hair "fall". My baby sis has been natural all 17 years of her life and her hair still grows out. And she keeps it pretty long--shoulder length when pressed. Everyone's hair doesn't do everything. She can wash and go she can do a flat twist out, cornrow out, regular twistout lol her hair is always going to grow gorgeously up and out. I hope she never wants to "train" it to do something else :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file