The one thing that just makes me so angry >:(

nichicnichic Registered Users Posts: 5
I have this friend who has naturally curly hair but straightens it. She HATES it. I, myself have been trying really hard to make my natural curly hair perfect. Nobody ever compliments it as my whole year (well most of it) hates curly hair. BUT in school a few weeks ago my friends comes into school with her hair in GHD curls and all of a sudden everyone is saying how lovely it is?? :angryfire: *sigh* VERY annoying.

Comments

• Emma.xEmma.x Registered Users Posts: 17
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. Nobody likes 'real' curls but they love the fake look made my GHD's. It is so infuriating!!! I just don't get it..:confused5:
    UK curly :toothy2:
    Learning to appreciate my curly locks :love5:
    Bit of a mix of all 3's, some 2C's

"In his hands her curls slowly came undone and then sprang back into their vine-like windings.....tendrils that teased him , gorgeous locks that brushed on his skin and made his breath run fast".
  • erikaxelectrik7erikaxelectrik7 Registered Users Posts: 90
    What I hate is how people just LOVE it when a girl with straight hair scrunches it with a ton of mousse and gel to make these limp, sad, crunchy looking "curls", yet "real" curls are considered ugly.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    I remember those days, everyone in high school is too busy trying to be "different" to actually be different. Like they're conforming to not conform.

Be strong, you're curls probably look great, just don't go back to straightening and damaging your hair to fit in, because as soon as you get out of there, go to college, etc, most people grow up and mature, and realize that everyone is DIFFERENT and that it is good to be unique and yourself and not like anyone else, and no one cares either!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • forbeeforbee Registered Users Posts: 441
    If that's you in your avatar, I'd take your hair over fake processed crap anyday.
    last relaxer 08/08/09
    all natural since 7/30/10

Shrinkage happens.
  • nezumikiriqnezumikiriq Registered Users Posts: 149
    Well, It's also because it's different....like I know it's annoying, but people who ahve known you for all your life or whenever with curly hair are probably just used to it and they don't notice it, but it's noticeable for your friend

Like I straightened my hair all year and when occasionally I let my curls out, people always loved it and asked how I curled it and I had to keep saying, I swear i didn't curl it.
    I'm 15 now but I don't get on often so I may be 67 by the time you read this.
    My name is Sarah.
    I come on here when I want hair advice because if you type in "curly hair" anywhere, all you get is advice on how to curl it. I used to get on here a lot when I was like, 12 or 13 (and first figuring out how to stop straightening my hair without being bullied), so if you happen to see some older posts of mine, shh. No judging.
  • nichicnichic Registered Users Posts: 5
    thank-you, forbee :)
  • TheFerginatorTheFerginator Registered Users Posts: 5
    turtles wrote: »
    because as soon as you get out of there, go to college, etc, most people grow up and mature, and realize that everyone is DIFFERENT and that it is good to be unique and yourself and not like anyone else, and no one cares either!

SO true. I definitely discovered that in going to college I became ten times more confident merely because people just don't judge you as much as they grow up. Especially in a college environment, people are so diverse that anything goes. I straightened my hair and conformed my wardrobe all through high school, but now that I don't have to worry about the judging eyes immature peers, I'm much more open about my style.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file