Curls destroyed

hirohiro Posts: 2Registered Users
I used to have really nice shiny frizzless curls,but now they're just gone.I think this happened after I decided to get bangs last year.I realized that the front of my hair had basically been chopped off,and now it just doesn't look the same anymore.I've been killing myself with this regret ever since,I don't know if this makes any sense but that stupid decision to get bangs is the only reason i can think of.Although my bangs have grown ,almost down to my chin now,and the overall look of my hairstyle is almost the same as before,I've realized that even my texture has changed and to top it all, my hair has started falling.About two years back my hair was at it's best and people used to ask me about my beautiful curls,and now it's just a mess.I need it to be the way it was before..please help.

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I am so sorry you are hating your hair right now. But it sounds like there may be something else going on....cutting your bangs shouldn't change the texture of your hair. It might change how your curls fall but it shouldn't change the texture. And if I understand your post, you hair is falling out? Do you have health issues or medications that you are taking that are new?

You also don't give us any info on what products you are using. Are you CG? Are you coloring your hair? Are you straightening your hair?
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • hirohiro Posts: 2Registered Users
    I hope you're right about the bangs issue,it makes me feel less gulity then.I just don't want to blame myself for this anymore.I'm not on any medications,but i have a feeling that thisproblem might be stress related.I started working last year and my hair quality's been going down since then.Also.as I think this has happened because of my bangs,I've been regretting my decision a lot and ended up putting myself under even more stress.Felt a little relieved after your reply though.I'm not using CG,although my sister(who's on CG and has perfect tight curls)has been after me to start it.I wanted to strat it but then I keep thinking that I wasn't on CG two years back either and my curls were still gorgeous then.I use egg on my hair before every wash because that's what i was doing before,when my curls were perfect and my hair was healthy.I haven't straightened my hair in a long time,if I do,I just get it blowdried straight.I oil it regularly too,but nothing seems to help...
  • pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Cutting your bangs did not change the texture of your hair, although perhaps since they distressed you so much you may be overdoing products and treatments in an attempt to fix it. Stress can impact your health and your skin and hair.
    I would advise you to perhaps talk to your sister about her CG routine, cut back on the egg protein treatments and oil treatments. I wonder if you are overdoing the treatments and not giving your hair enough support through cleansing and styling products that are CG.
    But I imagine there are other NC members who can do a better job of advice.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file