Shea butter & coconut milk

Has anyone ever tried mixing shea butter and coconut milk for a daily moisturizer? If so, how was it and what's your recipe?

I want to make a shea butter mix to use as a moisturizer, but my hair is fine and can't handle a lot of oils, so just whipping it up with various oils/butters won't do. My hair also hates aloe vera gel and glycerin, honey doesn't seem to do much in general, and I can't mix water with the shea without an emulsifier (which I don't want to buy). So I was wondering if coconut milk will do. Anyone?

Comments

• SummerRubySummerRuby Registered Users Posts: 468
    Bump.

• empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    coconut milk spoils and it's most likely too watery to mix with shea butter.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

Then how do people mix aloe vera juice in their shealoe mixes? I've seen plenty of recipes where people are mixing AVJ with shea and have no emulsifier, only oils, and AVJ is just as watery as coconut milk.

• empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    SummerRuby wrote: »

Then how do people mix aloe vera juice in their shealoe mixes? I've seen plenty of recipes where people are mixing AVJ with shea and have no emulsifier, only oils, and AVJ is just as watery as coconut milk.

juice or gel? cause i've mixed in the gel, the real gel, and it still didn't blend all of the way. it worked alright cause i used coconut oil in the mix but still, you could see some bits of gel.

but don't take my word for it. try mixing shea butter and coconut milk together and see if it works for you.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    SummerRuby wrote: »

juice or gel? cause i've mixed in the gel, the real gel, and it still didn't blend all of the way. it worked alright cause i used coconut oil in the mix but still, you could see some bits of gel.

but don't take my word for it. try mixing shea butter and coconut milk together and see if it works for you.

Aloe vera juice.

• FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file