Can You Use Flavor Oil In Hair Products?

CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Registered Users Posts: 240
I ordered some oils from Camden Grey, one of which is a vanilla flavor oil. I just wanted to know if I can use it in my hair mixes for scent (in small quantities, of course), or if that's not appropriate. I assume it's made for consumption, so can it "spoil" my mixture? Thanks!
[FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]

Comments

• jackisayswhatjackisayswhat Registered Users Posts: 7
    Yeah, you can use flavor oils, no problem. Interesting to note, flavor oils don't actually taste like things like vanilla, they smell like them. They're basically food-safe fragrance oils. When you add a sweetener to your product with the flavor oil the scent and sweetness trick your mind into thinking it's tasting something.
    3a/2c, I guess.

Fine-ish but there seems to be a lot of it so I suppose that's density... haven't got a clue about porosity.
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Registered Users Posts: 240
    Thanks so much for the fast reply! I didn't know all that about flavor oils, but it's good to know! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again :wave:
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
  • jackisayswhatjackisayswhat Registered Users Posts: 7
    No problem!
    3a/2c, I guess.

Fine-ish but there seems to be a lot of it so I suppose that's density... haven't got a clue about porosity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file