Few pics and a whine....(got some cheese?)

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
These are pics from this week's hair.

Yesterday for work....

cj5-28a.jpg

The other day at work.....

devaha.jpg

The other day at home.

devahb.jpg

Today post sotc, trying out some new stuff, and post coloring.

geltesta2s.jpg

geltesta4s.jpg

When I color I get less enhancement, because the color line I use has a beeswax base that's fairly heavy and my hair just kinda rebels for a few days. All in all though not too bad today. I'll take it anyway. I've been getting lots of complements on my wurls.

Problem is, I'm so perfectionist. I have very little patience for the transitionary period of even a few months that I go through after dropping cones and I always have to wash daily when I'm going through it too, which is a pain. I feel like my hair is all frizzy and split, and I'm sure it's just I'm imagining things. I wish my hair was curlier and I'm just in a bit of a funk right now. I'm trying out some new stuff, so we'll see if that helps, and I still love me some CJ....I must just be in a hormonal I-have-frizz-and-wish-I-had-more-curl-and-I'm-afraid-my-hair-looks-like-crap-but-it-doesn't phase. :binky: I feel like I'm being a baby, but some people at work (who I don't see but 2 or 3 times a year) are always suggesting products for me to try for frizz (that are cone laden)and I'm paranoid. I'm in the business....I'm not supposed to have frizzy hair....and I tell curlies in my stores ALL THE TIME that it's ok and a part of curly hair but when it comes to me I don't take my own advice!!!

GRRRR.....so sorry for the whine, but I know y'all totally relate.

And why can't I get hair like this
Picture006.jpg

every day???
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• bellaboarder1219bellaboarder1219 Posts: 25Registered Users
    I whine about my hair sometimes too. I think we all do lol. I have really dense hair and I always complain that it feels like a "blanket" when its hot out. My thin-haired straighty sister and mom get so mad when I complain about it lol. But like I said we all do it and your hair looks great in my opinion.:thumright:
    medium to thick 2c that drifts over to the 3 side, medium elasticity and porosity

My hair loves :love10: FSG and aloe.
    Burt's Bees low poo and conditioner.
    Cowashing is not for me.

http://public.fotki.com/bellaboarder1219/
    password = CG
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I talked about my hair last night when I was telling my friends the story about the rude lady in the shop the other day, and said "it looked better yesterday...today it is frizzy and dry and looks crappy". Lovely friends they are, they told me it looked great. When I went into the washroom a little later, it did look better than I'd thought, but I had wetted it a little to calm the frizz a little earlier too.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I feel the same way. Always hate my hair.

Actually, rymorg2, I love your hair in the first few pics!! And I don't see any frizz....:flower:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    Feel free to whine away, we all understand. My poor husband has to listen to me ***** and moan about my hair constantly. I've been pretty much miserable with it since cutting it super short about six months ago. I took a job with a long commute and thought short hair would be helpful. Nope. I pretty much hate my hair every day of my life.
    2B - Fine (but lots of it) Texture, High Porosity
    Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
    8-))
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Thank you guys.....

Bellaboarder I relate to the blanket statement, it can be SO HOT! I have thin haired family members who think I'm crazy too. I tell them they can have some of mine.

Plunky, I'm glad your friends told you that.....being in the business, my coworkers (two in particular, ONE OF WHICH HAS CURLY HAIR but she uses cones) are always telling me I have frizz. I only see them when we all travel out to the same area, which means airline flights, hotels, new water.....so I use the "it's the water; my hair freaks out when I switch" excuse. Gets them off my back every time. But it's not just when I wear it wurly, they say that when it's filled with cones and flat ironed into oblivion too. I'm done trying to please other people.....the same coworker told me that she thought I should lighten my dark hair some so I did for a year or so and now I went back dark. I like my hair dark. It's easier. LOL....

Awww, Anniemae, thank you......we are our own worst critics that's for sure. I'm just glad I have a community of people here who understand.

rfe, thanks....my dh thinks I'm crazy. He laughs at my CJ laden bathroom.....he has more curl than me and I tease him and tell him I'm going to style him with CJ, and he runs away. I hear you on the shorter hair too. I shortened up my layers because they were too long for when I was straightening, but now....they're too short to really see the wurl in the back. It's almost to the point where I can raise the stack some and then it'll look wurlier again.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rfe wrote: »
    Feel free to whine away, we all understand. My poor husband has to listen to me ***** and moan about my hair constantly. I've been pretty much miserable with it since cutting it super short about six months ago. I took a job with a long commute and thought short hair would be helpful. Nope. I pretty much hate my hair every day of my life.

rfe -

I know how you feel, too. I went to a new stylist in March (I don't know why...), and she ruined my hair. :sad3: She layered the sides really short. She cut off everything I grew for the past year +. :crybaby: Ugh.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    I hate to admit it but I think a big part of the reason why I'm so upset over this bad hair cut is my 20th high school reunion is in August! I left home shortly after graduation, so I haven't seen most of these people in those 20 years. I need to look good! :glasses10:

Seriously though, you should have heard my husband the other night. He kept telling me how much I've accomplished in the last 20 years and how even if I showed up with a shaved head I'd still be beautiful and successful. I tell you I hit the jackpot with him! :love3:
    2B - Fine (but lots of it) Texture, High Porosity
    Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
    8-))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file