Straight across or Oval?

erinoirerinoir Posts: 25Registered Users
I'm going to get a few inches taken off next Friday. Should I go straight across my back or an oval shape? Layers around my face or no? I'm used to getting it cut for straight styles, so I'm not sure what would be best.

Photoon2010-05-28at10373.jpg
face
Photoon2010-05-28at1037.jpg
2a / 2b - fine hairs, lots of them
Rinse-out: Suave Naturals Coconut ~ Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
Styling: EcoStyler! & the icequeen method ~ DT: Hask H&P or Monoi Oil
Want to try: BotticelliBabe's FSG ~ Erinoir's CG Progress

Comments

• Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think oval around the bottom and long layers with some shorter pieces around your face would work well.

I cut my DD's hair (loose rock star waves like you have) into layers, longest is a couple inches shorter than BSL, shortest is cheek-length, agressive angling around the front. This works very well and if your hair is thick enough would look good, but I don't know if you want to go that short.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also think oval around the bottom would be nice.

I would get it face-framed around your face, depending upon how much length you get cut off. I wouldn't go too short because curly hair shrinks up when dry and then it might look too uneven.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Layers would be good, even very long ones. With shorter-face-framing bits of hair around the front :D I plan to do that when my hair gets longer (Yes I cut my own hair)
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I'd go oval, because you can always cut straight across (although bringing up the length with it) if you don't like the oval and want to go straight. You might start with some long layers and then see if you want to go shorter.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    You are too too cute. I think Oval too. Let us know what you decide.
    Yep and Oval would look great ;D
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• erinoirerinoir Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thank you, everyone! It looks like the consensus is face-framing layers and oval shape, so I think I'll go with that. I'll post pictures after my cut Friday! :)
    Yes, please post pics. And tell us what your stylist thinks of your CG transformation...I just looked at your pics and you can definitely tell a difference! Your son (I'm assuming he's your son) is adorable. :)

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Hi all! I got the big chop today. My stylist is a curly-head and was super cool about all my product specifications and whatnot. I think I might have asked for a bit more off than I was expecting. She's been my stylist for quite a while, so I think it was my input that was a little off. Anyway, here are some pics - scroll up for 'before's:

Photoon2010-06-04at18522.jpg
    front ends
    Photoon2010-06-04at1852.jpg

back
    Photoon2010-06-04at1900.jpg

I'm hoping that it will spring to life a bit more tomorrow. I did a PT/DT treatment to help strengthen the ends when I got home, so that's why my hair is wet. I'll post some dry pics when I get a chance.

Thanks all for your input!
    Looks great! Your hair will probably take a few days to settle in...if she used any cones or sulfates or had to dry brush or comb it, your hair might be just a little angry too. I'm sure it will spring right back up in no time. Thanks for posting!

• toodleycurl22toodleycurl22 Posts: 53Registered Users
    it's soooo pretty! and as long as ur happy with it, is all that counts! i think sometimes when you cut it ur hair doesn't really know wat to do, but just like plunky said, in no time it should be back to normal! ^.^
    twisty curly, curly twisty
    gel-y, mouse-y, pomade-y, misty
    pretty ugly, ugly pretty
    they listen, they don't -
    oh what a pity
    I really like it. :bounce: It is very pretty!! I like the length, too, and I think it looks healthier. :love2:
    2b-c/F/ii
    Thank you all so much! I've had very long hair for so long that it's going to take some getting used to. Here are some dry pics:

Photoon2010-06-05at07112.jpg
    side
    Photoon2010-06-05at0712.jpg
    ends
    Photoon2010-06-05at07125.jpg
    Photoon2010-06-05at07125.jpg
    Thanks for looking!
    :)
    YEY! it looks lovely! :D
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii

I really like this length better on you. :love7:

Yes, it will definitely take some time to get used to it, but it is lovely. :)
    2b-c/F/ii
    Looking good...keep up the good work!

Thank you all so much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file