We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Regimen help!

pretebrowneyespretebrowneyes Posts: 248Registered Users
Hey ladies! I'm really trying to iron down a good routine without buying to many products. I always read what people use but I never see them describe the actual steps they go through...like what they'd categorize each step as. Have I hit all steps or am I missing something?
  • Wash/Cowash
  • Condition
  • Leave-in
  • Moisturize
  • Seal
  • Style
Is that it? Something missing? All this product talk makes me all kinds of confused. Thanks ladies :)
*MopTop Maven Healthy Hair Challenge 2011*:wave:

PrePoo- EVOO
LowPoo- Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap bar
Shampoo- ORS Creamy Aloe
Clarifying poo- Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
DC- GVP Conditioning Balm
PT- GVP K-Pak reconstructor
Leave in- Giovanni Direct leave-in *with kimmaytube recipe*
Moisturizer- water+aloe vera juice+castor oil+jojoba oil spritz
Sealant- jojoba oil

Comments

• NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Hey ladies! I'm really trying to iron down a good routine without buying to many products. I always read what people use but I never see them describe the actual steps they go through...like what they'd categorize each step as. Have I hit all steps or am I missing something?
    • Wash/Cowash
    • Condition
    • Leave-in
    • Moisturize
    • Seal
    • Style
    Is that it? Something missing? All this product talk makes me all kinds of confused. Thanks ladies :)

That sounds just like my routine! To save on products, I double up the "job" of my conditioners. My cowash is also my detangler. My deep conditioner is also my leave-in. On wash day this what I do:

1. shampoo with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo-p-844.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo]KC Come Clean[/buylink] (every other week)
    2. co wash with HE LTR
    3. use a little HE LTR to detangle just a bit (not fully. I don't fully detangle on soaking wet hair. Just doesn't work for me.
    4. Rinse out the HE LTR and DT with a mixture of AO GBP and Vatika oil (every other week) or an HE conditioner of my choice and Vatika oil (every other week)
    5. Let that sit for about an hour
    6. Seal and style
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • pretebrowneyespretebrowneyes Posts: 248Registered Users
    Thank you! I forgot...the every couple of weeks DC treatment. Here's what I've been doing thus far (or something loosely like it)
    • Pre-poo with honey/olive oil
    • Cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut or Suave Professionals Shea Butter/Almond or Suave Humectant
    • DC with ORS Replenishing Pak/avocado/banana/honey/olive oil mix for a few hours
    • Spritz leave-in (mix of water, olive oil, castor oil, suave tropical coconut)
    • Using Cantu Shea Butter as a moisturizing styler for now
    • silk scarf and Nite Nite :D
    So I guess I'm all covered
    *MopTop Maven Healthy Hair Challenge 2011*:wave:

PrePoo- EVOO
    LowPoo- Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap bar
    Shampoo- ORS Creamy Aloe
    Clarifying poo- Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
    DC- GVP Conditioning Balm
    PT- GVP K-Pak reconstructor
    Leave in- Giovanni Direct leave-in *with kimmaytube recipe*
    Moisturizer- water+aloe vera juice+castor oil+jojoba oil spritz
    Sealant- jojoba oil
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    • Wash/Cowash
    • Condition
    • Leave-in
    • Moisturize
    • Seal
    • Style

That sounds just like my routine! To save on products, I double up the "job" of my conditioners. My cowash is also my detangler. My deep conditioner is also my leave-in. On wash day this what I do:

1. shampoo with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo-p-844.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Come-Clean-Moisturizing-Shampoo]KC Come Clean[/buylink] (every other week)
    2. co wash with HE LTR
    3. use a little HE LTR to detangle just a bit (not fully. I don't fully detangle on soaking wet hair. Just doesn't work for me.
    4. Rinse out the HE LTR and DT with a mixture of AO GBP and Vatika oil (every other week) or an HE conditioner of my choice and Vatika oil (every other week)
    6. Seal and style

whats HE LTR stand for??? i'm looking for another deep conditioner...
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FNicky791%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNicky791" class="Popup
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Nicky791 wrote: »
    • Wash/Cowash
    • Condition
    • Leave-in
    • Moisturize
    • Seal
    • Style

2. co wash with HE LTR
    6. Seal and style

whats HE LTR stand for??? i'm looking for another deep conditioner...

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner. It has cones so that's why I now shampoo. Now that my hair has gotten longer I just can't detangle it with any other conditioner I've tried. Cones make my hair really easy to detangle.:mrgreen:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • maysaymaysay Posts: 218Registered Users
    Looks fine to me. My steps are:
    -Shampoo.
    -Condition (leave on for duration of shower). Finger comb before rinsing.
    -Add aloe vera gel and coconut oil to soaking wet hair, in sections, finger combing as I go.
    -Wrap in a t-shirt or something for like 15 mins.
    -Bun or style.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file