curl enhancer

CakesyCakesy Posts: 49Registered Users
My curls and waves are so weak lately. What do you ladies love for curl enhancers? I'm a 2b/c. And how do you use it? Like where in the process?
Bonus if it's something I can buy in a store, I have TONS of beauty supply places, so I hate to go the mail order only route and pay shipping.

Comments

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like FSG & SSCEJ but mixed together I absolutely love them. Not something you can run out and buy tho :glasses8:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • CakesyCakesy Posts: 49Registered Users
    so FSG is flax seed gel, where do you get it? and what does the other one stand for? I'm guessing Spiral Solutions? Thanks.
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got the FSG from Botticelli Babe but from what the ladies say it's pretty easy to make. Yep SSCEJ is Spiral Solutions. I also love SSFHG to mix with BRHG. I orded SS Caitlin's Condish this week too, can't wait.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here is a good thread that talks about curl/wave enhancers:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=105330
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ss cej=spiral solutions curl enhancing jelly
    fsg=flax seed gel-easy to make and freezes

I like ecostyler. It has enough hold for many people to use as a gel. I need lots of hold and use it as a curl enhancer. There is a thread on ecostyler on the general board. The title says something about ecostyler/weird product. It has protein and glycerin if either are an issue for you.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i like FSG as well.
    Oh and we love weeds too;)
  • mrsmaymrsmay Posts: 5Registered Users
    Alba Soft Hold Style Cream has been working wonders for me. I called my local natural foods store and asked them to order me some. That way, I didn't have to pay any shipping. Although lately I've seen Alba stuff in Target and Walmart, too, but no one seems to carry this particular cream.

I scrunch a bunch of it into my dripping wet hair (after my LI) and then scrunch in mousse. I also smooth it onto dry hair to reclump and define.

I've been experimenting a lot with curl creams and nothing seems to work as well as this one. It turns my waves into wurls and ringlets. :)
    Type: SL 2b/3a; wavier in back, curlier in front.
    Wash: Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo (mod CG), Burt's Bees Super Shiny Conditioner + honey, V05 Strawberries 'n Cream (co-wash)
    Styling: KCNT, LALSG, Aussie Sprunch Spray, LOOB, HESMU mousse, HETT spray gel, Biotera Curl Creme, GVP Volume Boost Spray, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream (LOVE)
    My hair loves honey, diffusing, and protein!
  • CakesyCakesy Posts: 49Registered Users
    thanks for all your help ladies.
    I ordered some SS Firm hold gel (I think it's called) cause she had a sample size listed for super cheap.
    I've been considering trying ReCoil again, but I HATE to pay shipping on stuff, and I recall that I didn't love it in the past. My hair seems to be different lately though.
    I got a sample of The Body Shop Cottonseed Curl boost which I'm going to try tomorrow, I'll let you know how it works if anyone's interested.
    I also tried a sample of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]Carols Daughter Hair Milk[/buylink] Lite yesterday, holy cow! It is SO OILY! On the one hand, my hair was shiny, but just too oily.
    ANyhow, thanks for the input.
  • sveetiepiesveetiepie Posts: 209Registered Users
    The Alba soft style cream works really well for me too.
    And it is hard to find in stores. I will have to order mine online when I run out.

shoulder length long layered 2b/3a lots of it
    wash: Live Clean shampoo Abba pure curl Mop c hydrating
    cond: suave coconut Goldwell curly twist
    Protein: Redken Extreme Cat
    style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
  • twister89twister89 Posts: 137Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    ss cej=spiral solutions curl enhancing jelly
    fsg=flax seed gel-easy to make and freezes

Now, I know you can freeze the seeds and reuse them, but can you freeze the actual gel itself too, and then thaw it and use it on your hair? If so, how long would it keep that way?

I love FSG myself but gave up using it because I don't know how to strain it. I was using an old pantyhose and it worked but was a disaster. It was so hot it was hard to squeeze it down through, and the weight of the gel was actually causing holes and tears in the pantyhose. @[email protected]
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Now, I know you can freeze the seeds and reuse them, but can you freeze the actual gel itself too, and then thaw it and use it on your hair? If so, how long would it keep that way?
    I haven't done it, but I've read the you can freeze the actual gel and I believe it freezes for months. I know at least one of the wavies does it, but I can't remember which ones. Hopefully they will weigh in.
    If you need more hold, I've read soaking the seeds overnight gives more hold.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • hollandcurlhollandcurl Posts: 47Registered Users
    You can also ad a little bit of honey to the FSG.
    Maybe 1 teaspoon to two cups of water.
    2nd time CG since May 11th, 2011

Coarse hair, high porosity, normal elasticity, density thick

cowash: kruitvat conditioning
    condish: inecto coconut Condis, de tuinen cocos, dr orgnics, JC Aloeba
    leave in: KCNT, JC Aloeba, Inecto, de tuinen cocos
    Curlcreme: JCRR, JCCC, Boots, nut sure of CJ CCC. Like: KCCC when I use it with the smasters technique , boots and loreal studio line gel. JCRR, JCCC.
    Gel: loreal invisigel, or BRHG

Can only use KCCC with the smasters technique

LOVE: honey
  • mogirlmogirl Posts: 32Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I haven't done it, but I've read the you can freeze the actual gel and I believe it freezes for months. I know at least one of the wavies does it, but I can't remember which ones. Hopefully they will weigh in.
    If you need more hold, I've read soaking the seeds overnight gives more hold.

I've done this. I kept it in the freezer for about 2 weeks. I did notice that it went bad faster (i think it was about a week) I think with that batch I added honey.
    2b/3b Cii using Fia system
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file