Rant: OMG, sooo rude! (no one here)

plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
So today I went to Chinatown with my friend and her daughter to get some bubble tea, and then we cut through Fan Tan Alley* to the other side to get to Nezza Naturals so I could refill my bottle of dishwashing liquid. We were the only ones in there other than the salesperson. I was asking her about some of the haircare, including the dry shampoo which is apparently new. Just after this, a lady comes in, asks a few questions about the shop, and then about the haircare. She's asking about detergents and things and the salesperson says their natural and she says that that didn't mean anything. I see that she's a wurly head too. I mention that the shampoos are sulfate free, and again she asks about the detergents, what makes them clean and so on, so I look at the ingredients on the bottle and point out the cocoa betaine and say that's the cleanser, and that it is milder than sulfates. She mentions she has dry, coarse hair. I suggest that maybe she could benefit from conditioner washing and she was snappy and says, "I know about conditioner washing" or something like that. I mention the cleansing conditioners (CJDF and SSGCC) and she seemed interested until I told her they were internet products. She said she liked supporting local businesses and I said I agreed, that I did it where I could, but that the cleansing conditioner is something that I'd order since it isn't available locally. She also said she used Wen but it was too expensive. The salesperson suggests jojoba oil and I say that I think jojoba oil has protein, and that if she is coarse, it may not work for her, but she could look into it. And so it goes like that while we talk about hair, everything we say, she rebuts, but then....

...she tells me my hair looks oily! She then says something about it maybe being from product. I mean seriously, that's so rude! She has the nerve to criticize my hair when all I am doing is trying to help her. Did I criticize her dry fluffy hair? No! I did say that I had used a little Coconut Oil Hair Shine to soften the gel crunch and she goes all "I never use product since it builds up on my hair and I only wash twice a week" and I said that I needed gel or something harder to hold my waves and help with the frizz, but that everything I use is water soluble, but by that point, I just felt like

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

and gave up.

She was just so snobby and rude to everything we said. Ugh! It was maddening! Even my friend was like, "Ready to go?" because she saw it too.

For the record, I washed and conditioned earlier today with Prairie Naturals Wild Rose Moisture Balance because I'd been feeling like my hair was getting too gunky, so my hair is actually clean...cleaner than the last few days. I used some of my Body Shop sample of the Wheatgrass Fixing Gel and plopped. Air dried the rest and I did use a little Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine to SOTC, but just a tiny bit. My hair is not bad today actually...it is SO not oily! If anything, it looks nice and shiny and healthy, with not too much frizz. My friend's daughter said it looked awesome; she likes it wurly.

*If you've ever seen that bad movie, Bird On A Wire, with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn, part of it was filmed here in Victoria, BC, and there's a (police) chase scene down Fan Tan Alley...they even refer to it as Fan Tan Alley. :)

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Here are some pics...not a super amazing hair day, but not bad for me. I have more frizz now than I did earlier, but that's part of living on the water...almost always constant offshore breezes. I think my hair looks more frizzy and less oily. Thoughts?

Lighting #1 (bathroom with heat lamp on)

4646867878_8e3a9d76c8.jpg

Lighting #2 (bedroom with overhead light and night stand light on)

4646866992_f336ce58bb.jpg

Lighting #3 (same as above, only with flash on)

4646252333_116505ef2c.jpg

I have a little patch of crunch I missed with the COHS.

4646251493_48dd96d6eb.jpg

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• OperaDivaOperaDiva Posts: 354Registered Users
    I don't see oily at all, looks like you're having quite a nice hair day! That lady was just looking for something to pick apart. Sorry she said that, some people just suck.
    Jessica, proud mama to Hunter (9-18-09)
    3a/F/ii, high porosity

Products
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, V05 Volumizing
    Conditioner: AOGPB, Garnier Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Suave Naturals Tropical coconut
    Gel: LA Looks Mega hold, Ecostyler Black, SOTC with shea butter/cocoa butter/sweet almond oil
    Off-day spritz: Lavender mist
    Hair likes Obscene amounts of protein
    Hair dislikes
    Too much oil

http://public.fotki.com/OperaTeacherMom/hair-going-cg/

CG since 5/8/10
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think your hair looks great!! I don't see oily or frizzy. That lady just sounds like she was a trouble-maker. How rude!! :hmph: :thumbdown:

Ugh....I try not to engage in conversation with people like that.

BTW, yes, I saw Bird on a Wire and remember that scene very well. :)
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It looks nice plunky, not oily at all. I'm sorry she was rude when you were trying to help.
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
  • lovelovelovelovelovelove Posts: 257Registered Users
    Are you KIDDING me??! Your hair is not oily AT ALL. It's sooo nice! She was probably jealous or threatened by your hair, since you say hers was not so nice. So she decided to bring you down. Don't listen to her, your hair is awesome!:)
    Ca m'a fait de la pé-peine!:love7:
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    1. I want a China town.
    2. I haven't seen pics of your hair in a while. Wow, it has really picked up curl. It was pretty when you started and is getting seriously prettier.
    3. I hope the other woman got some good info to help her hair.
    4. My guess is insulting your hair was a way to shut down and "win" the discussion.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • cypressmomcypressmom Posts: 236Registered Users
    So sorry. I think your hair is beautiful.
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    your hair looks really great.
    The woman seemed very insecure.
    Thanks guys. It wasn't amazing hair but it was alright and pretty decent and far from the worst hair I've ever had. I was hapy enough with it. She just had issues. Even my friend had shifted to the other side of the store.

Anniemae, you remember that? Victoria was doubling for Racine, WI. I knew right away once they'd gotten to the parts filmed here by looking at the brick pattern in the sidewalk.

Ped, our Chinatown isn't super big but is the oldest in Canada and second oldest in North America behind San Fran.

BTW, isn't it interesting how different my hair looks in the 3 shots, just because the lighting is different? In the 3rd pic with the flash it is soo shiny, and it picked up the red tones that refuse to go away even though I haven't dyed it red in years. That pic actually makes me miss my red hair a bit.

Oh, and in that last pic, you can see out my window a little...I'm on the 15th floor facing the harbour and downtown. Those little red dots on the side are from the cars on the main street. :P

• rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    Your hair looks fabulous! I think you were right in the other thread - we might be hair twins except your hair might be a bit curlier.
    2B - Fine (but lots of it) Texture, High Porosity
    Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
    8-))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file