Cleansing herbs in conditioner?

Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Registered Users Posts: 457
Has any one used cleansing herbs like shikakai in their co-wash conditioner. Would it work similar to baking soda? I'm about to try this to see how it works out of sheer curiosity. I think the condish even a cheapie like Vo5 would make the herb much easier to spread and wash with.
3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
DT- Still working on that
Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    I have done amla treatments with watery conditioner to help the amla rinse out better. I think the conditioner hampers the amla's benefits, so I've gone back to using water or tea for mixing amla treatments.

Not sure how it would work with shikakai though..
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Registered Users Posts: 457
    It gave pretty good results. My hair is shiney,defined if with a bit more frizz. But my scalp feels nice and tidy. I think the frizz is because I ran out of my favorite leave in, and I didn't put as much gel in because of that. I think I'll use more Shikakai next time. I'm thinking of using it to wash my scalp once a week. Twice a month if I can find a soap or shampoo I like washing with. I'll keep my mid week wash a co-wash though. :wink:
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    Glad it worked for you. I was just thinking it would probably work like a 2 in 1.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file