CurlTalk

I finally found a routine that works for me! So happy! *PICS*

xodevinxodevin Posts: 478Registered Users
I just tested out a new routine idea I'd been trying to perfect, and I finally got it! I'm so happy!

Low-poo, condition
Leave in conditioner
Scrunch with 2 microfiber towels over the course of 3-5 minutes
Apply a bunch of Biotera gel by scrunching in to around 50% ish dry hair.
SOTC an hour and 10-20 minutes later and it's practically dry and it's the best hairday I've had in.. well, ever! P:

(these are unflash btw, and the lighting isn't great, but it works!)

front

23valiv.jpg

back (mirror may be a bit dirty, sorry!)
wk4ojr.jpg

I'm really happy, because now I finally found a routine that makes my hair look better than anything else I've tried, is easy and best of all, dries in only around an hour or so!! My hair used to dry in around 3 hours without my towels. (: But before this, they always guaranteed a crappy hair day.

Sorry, I'm just so happy! I hope it's consistent and not a one time thing!
curly hair and proud (:

Comments

• curlycookiecurlycookie Posts: 106Registered Users
    Yipeeeeeee!! I am so happy for you :occasion9::thumright:. That would be life-changing for anybody, esp a curly girlie!!
    CONGRATS!!!
    3c fine and frizzy
    Last relaxer Oct 08
    Sham: Say Yes to Carrots, Eluence MB
    Co Wash: Tresemme Naturals, Say yes to Cukes, Elucence moisture balancing Cond
    Leave In: AOHR, Elucence
    DC: MC DeepCond, Aussie 3-minute miracle, CJ Curl Rehab
    Style with: Curl Keeper/AG Re:coil; KCCC, Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine, KC Gloss Pomade, Coconut Oil

Saved by Grace...I'm a child of the KING!!
  • xodevinxodevin Posts: 478Registered Users
    Thanks!! It totally is! I can only hope that I can stop stressing in the morning about whether my hair will dry in time for school. Yay.
    curly hair and proud (:
  • *Angela**Angela* Posts: 251Registered Users
    Looks great!
    3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
    Aw, thanks!
    curly hair and proud (:
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
    :love7: wonderful!! Looks soooooo pretty.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
    Thank you! (:

I love all of your hair too btw. Curly hair is just sooo gorgeous on this site.
    curly hair and proud (:
  • stampinannastampinanna Posts: 26Registered Users
    Yay for you! This is a gorgeous look and is seems we have similar hair, so I am excited to try your method. Good luck!!
    Anna
    Hair Type: 2c
    Wash: Burt's Bee's Shiny Grapefruit once a week
    Co-wash and LI: Suave Naturals Coconut or Curl Junkie Daily Fix about every other day
    Style: Biolage Gel mixed with BRHG
    SOTC with Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
    *I scrunch out the water with a microfiber towel, then scrunch in my gel. I plop for an hour or so and then let air dry. I SOTC with my HG, JC Nourish and Shine. Love that stuff!*
  • OperaDivaOperaDiva Posts: 354Registered Users
    Oh wow your hair looks fantastic!
    Jessica, proud mama to Hunter (9-18-09)
    3a/F/ii, high porosity

Products
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, V05 Volumizing
    Conditioner: AOGPB, Garnier Sleek and Shine
    Leave in: Suave Naturals Tropical coconut
    Gel: LA Looks Mega hold, Ecostyler Black, SOTC with shea butter/cocoa butter/sweet almond oil
    Off-day spritz: Lavender mist
    Hair likes Obscene amounts of protein
    Hair dislikes
    Too much oil

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FOperaTeacherMom%2Fhair-going-cg%2F" class="Popup

CG since 5/8/10
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Looks awesome! I too have been experimenting with putting product on "towel dried" hair. It does seem to save a lot of drying time.

You have great hair, btw, not too far off my hair type, so hopefully I can get a similar result. :)

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • FroggiloreFroggilore Posts: 141Registered Users
    Looks wonderful! I'm so happy for you, having just recently found my routine I understand the thrill of finding something that works more than once!
    Hair type: 2a/b, medium to fine texture, medium to high porosity (I think!)
    Routine: Occasionally wash with Lavender baby shampoo. CO wash with Garnier triple nutrition conditioner, use a nickel sized blob as a leave in, scrunch out a little water, scrunch in some aloe gel (FOTE), then scrunch in some Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (BRHG). Plop with a backwards turbie twist for 10 min - to overnight.
    CG since 23 May 2009! (with some minor slips)
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I may have to try that. I'm tired of the 4-6 hour drying time. But, how can you tell when you're 50% dry? Do you alternate the microfiber towels or just use one til saturated and then move to the next one? Oh, and how was your frizz level with that? It looks pretty good, but pictures hide things like frizz sometimes.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• kasdenkasden Posts: 1,040Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow! Gorgeous curly hair and a beautiful smile - you are adorable!!! Glad you found such a simple routine that works for you. I'm so happy for you! Yaaaaaaay!!!! :toothy7:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
    Aw, thanks so much everyone! (: I wasn't expecting all of this, I was just spazzing out and had to make a post!

Plunkybug- I honestly suck at estimates with drying times, so I sort of just decided it might be around that. But this might be more helpful: I scrunched until no more water was really coming off onto the towel and when my hair felt sort of dry, but still had that damp look and was holding some water in, somehow. Then I applied the gel.

For the towels I pretty much just grab one of the towels and take a section of it and begin scrunching, then move on to another piece of the towel when that is thoroughly wet. I continue that on the first towel until it is too hard to grip a non-wet spot. By then my hair is practically at the right amount of dryness, but I flip upside down to get the water underneath better.

I would actually say that my frizz level really wasn't that bad at all! I didn't even notice any bad frizz spots. There might have been a couple fly away hairs, but not as much frizz as I used to get.
    curly hair and proud (:
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    You are the cutest thing, and your hair looks AMAZING!!
    Thank you! :love5:
    curly hair and proud (:
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    wooo! Devin your hair looks great! ;D
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwalkintowhispers.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Thanks! <3
    curly hair and proud (:
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
    xodevin -

Question for you - when you put in the gel and scrunch, are you scrunching with your bare hands, or are you still using the microfiber towel?
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
    I use my bare hands, because I find that the towels I use tend to soak up the product if I scrunch with it after (I've literally felt a film of gel on my wet towel before. It was odd!)
    curly hair and proud (:
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Devin, I have a quick question on your technique. :)

After you shampoo and condition, how do you apply your leave in? Do you rake or comb it through?

I am still playing around with this part, since my hair untangles easily in the shower, but once I get out, it seems to retangle again. I often feel the need to comb my hair with my detangling comb with the leave in before I start. I've tried raking, but then I have to rake so much it separates all my waves.

Since I have kind of similar hair to yours, I was wondering how you do that part.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • MaciMaci Posts: 180Registered Users
    Devin, your hair is gorgeous. Congrats on finding a routine that works.

I tried this today and it worked really well. I was too heavy handed with the gel; so hair is a little greasy looking. This routine has very definite possibilities. Thank you for posting!!:wink:
    Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
    Thanks!

jerseygirl- I apply my leave in by raking, mainly, but then I flip upside down and just do a quick like 10-30 second scrunch, just because haha. I'm sure you could try it with a comb if you'd like. I just choose not to. (:
    curly hair and proud (:
  • earlybirdiecurlsearlybirdiecurls Posts: 87Registered Users
    Well, I just tried your routine!
    Along with a new gel (HESMU).

My curls have been looking pretty down this last week, so fingers crossed this works! :)

BTW, your hair is beautiful!
    mod cg since feb. 18th, 2010 :toothy10:
    2b/2c, pretty porous and slightly elastic.
    garnier fructis s&s, hesmu, and biotera curl creme.

• elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users
    It looks great Devin! Thanks for posting this. Since you're my hair twin, I'll have to try your technique!!;-)
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
    Yay to both of you, I hope it works~ (:

And yes, hopefully it will work for you elita! Let me know!

I have never tried the HESMU Gel, but it sounds cool. I've been in love with the Biotera Gel for a while now~
    curly hair and proud (: