Curls right out of the top of my head

stampinannastampinanna Posts: 26Registered Users
This is what I want! How can I get this? Right now, I get some good curl in my length, but on the top of my head, it's just flat. I just need some lift! I have only been CG for 2 weeks. Is that the problem? Should I try different products? Is plopping the problem...I hope not because I *love* plopping :) Any advice for a newbie would be fabulous!!
Anna
Hair Type: 2c
Wash: Burt's Bee's Shiny Grapefruit once a week
Co-wash and LI: Suave Naturals Coconut or Curl Junkie Daily Fix about every other day
Style: Biolage Gel mixed with BRHG
SOTC with Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
*I scrunch out the water with a microfiber towel, then scrunch in my gel. I plop for an hour or so and then let air dry. I SOTC with my HG, JC Nourish and Shine. Love that stuff!*

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do a search on clipping. It can really help with root lift. Also diffusing upside down.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• stampinannastampinanna Posts: 26Registered Users
    Gonna try clipping with my next wash. Thanks for the tip! I also seriously scrubbed my head today and my hair looked TONS better. I wasn't really washing correctly and was getting some yucky buildup. I am still learning, but the hair is definitely getting better!
    Anna
    Hair Type: 2c
    Wash: Burt's Bee's Shiny Grapefruit once a week
    Co-wash and LI: Suave Naturals Coconut or Curl Junkie Daily Fix about every other day
    Style: Biolage Gel mixed with BRHG
    SOTC with Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
    *I scrunch out the water with a microfiber towel, then scrunch in my gel. I plop for an hour or so and then let air dry. I SOTC with my HG, JC Nourish and Shine. Love that stuff!*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file