any other curlies were born with straight hair?

roccalumeraroccalumera Registered Users Posts: 51
As above
I'm just curious if any of you 3b curly heads was born with straight hair and it curled during puberty, pregnancy etc...
I used to be straight haired blonde baby and now I'm curly brunette :toothy4: It's pretty big change, first my hair got really dark and in the end of primary school they started to curl and here I am :D
3a/b fine, ii, normal porosity I think...:geek:

Full CG start
:
Growing out....again:sad2:

now: chin lentgh
aim:
shoulder lentgh

Loves protein and YTC hair mask!

event.png

Comments

• ronjaHronjaH Registered Users Posts: 6
    I had almost staight hair until I was 12 or so;)
    I think they changed because of the puberty and a haircut.Many People say that the hairstructure can change by cutting it:)
  • moodydovemoodydove Registered Users Posts: 1,721
    As above
    I'm just curious if any of you 3b curly heads was born with straight hair and it curled during puberty, pregnancy etc...
    I used to be straight haired blonde baby and now I'm curly brunette :toothy4: It's pretty big change, first my hair got really dark and in the end of primary school they started to curl and here I am :D

Mhm. It was straight when I was born, then started getting curly around 2 or 3 months. And I'm 3c/4a.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Registered Users Posts: 659 Curl Neophyte
    I was born with white, cottony-textured hair, but by age 3 it had come in more silky with just slight waves. At puberty I bloomed into the full 3b that I am today.
  • roccalumeraroccalumera Registered Users Posts: 51
    ronjaH wrote: »
    Many People say that the hairstructure can change by cutting it:)
    I agree with that,
    mother of my friend who is in her mid 40s once cut her almost pin-straight hair shorter and now she is really curly.... nobody believes her that these curls are natural! They think it's a perm Life is unpredictable:D
    3a/b fine, ii, normal porosity I think...:geek:

Full CG start
    :
    Growing out....again:sad2:

now: chin lentgh
    aim:
    shoulder lentgh

Loves protein and YTC hair mask!

event.png

• sandylou1982sandylou1982 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I was poker straight until I was about 13, then it literally went curly over the space of a week. I thought it was unusual but reading this post...apparently it's not!
    Just found this site tonight and I'm loving it! Thinking of doing the no poo routine but trying to find the best conditioner to use!
  • Faye93Faye93 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I had long straight hair until I hit puberty. Some people can't even recognize me in old pictures. I miss it =[
  • rach3975rach3975 Registered Users Posts: 7
    I had wavy hair when I was little. In 6th grade I got a perm, and my hair has been curly ever since. (I'm in my 30's now.) Some of it was probably due to me learning how to take care of curly hair while I had my perm, but that can't explain all of it.
    Fine 3b curls

Low poo: California Baby Shampoo
    Conditioner/Leave in: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
    Curl products: Eufora Curl Defining Solution, Jessicurl Rocking Ringlets, Tigi Curls Rock Curl Booster
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,660 Curl Neophyte
    I don't have many baby pics (we were refugees and my parents weren't allowed to take anything when they came to US, and we only got a few pics later from relatives and that was years later). But the ones I have show me curly.

Then it went straight. Then it went wavy. Then it went kinda curly. Then it got really curly. It evolved back to my curly infancy hair. hahah.

Below is me now, me less than one year, and me at age 7. By age 7, my hair had straightened.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Victoria RegiaVictoria Regia Registered Users Posts: 9
    She's fine now. Very interesting change.
  • alessialessi Registered Users Posts: 10
    i was born with bleach blonde almost white crazy curly hair but when i was about 8 or 9 it straightened out and was almost stick straight medium blonde..it got progressively darker from then on and when i was about 13 or 14 it got really curly..i have been coloring my hair since i was 14 and it remains super curly.
  • dreamingmusedreamingmuse Registered Users Posts: 28
    I started out with stick straight blonde hair. My hair started getting darker when I was about 4. When I was 8 my hair started to grow out curly underneath. My mom took me to get my hair permed so my hair would be uniform.

After a year went by, it seemed like the perm and the rest of my hair was growing out straight. We decided to cut my hair short one day and my hair basically went SPROING! It's been very curly ever since. As a teen, I had a lot of different textures to my hair. I honestly had every hair type on my head, but the majority of it was 3b and 3c.

Now that I am an adult it has also darkened to brown, but I adore red hair so I tend to dye it very red every now and then. :) Also after having a baby, my hair went wavy for a while but now that 5 years have passed the curls mostly came back to a 3b. My hair is greatly affected by hormones!
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    I was born with straight hair and it began going wavy when I was about 11 or so (ie, hit puberty). I got it cut really short (bad idea) and I think then it began developing into my current curl pattern in stages. I think it's been fully 3b/c since I was about 17 or 18.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • ergotcandyergotcandy Registered Users Posts: 10
    I was born with straight, just slightly wavy hair and my hair stayed that way up until age 12 when one day i suddenly got a big sproingy curl right in the middle of my widow's peak. Then I had perfect ringlets for a few years until I started dying and cutting my hair too much and it got less defined and thick. But it's still 3b with some 3a in there.
  • MarcieaMarciea Registered Users Posts: 148
    She's fine now. Very interesting change.

Chemo can drastically change your hair type and color. It's actually not that uncommon. (I'm full of random facts like this.)
    3A!
    Low Poo: GTTT, TJ's Refresh

Rinse Out: LVP, TJ's Nourish, GFTN, 365, SSCC
    Styling: HEBE,
    Biotera Curl Cream/Gel, Marie Dean, EW SAJ, Pink Boots, Re:Coil, KCCC, CK
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Mine was straight until it got long enough to start bending and twisting.
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    moodydove wrote: »
    As above
    I'm just curious if any of you 3b (or any other type?) curly heads was born with straight hair and it curled during puberty, pregnancy etc...

Mhm. It was straight when I was born, then started getting curly around 2 or 3 months. And I'm 3c/4a.

Me too!
    I was born with lots of straight hair. I was nearly bald a couple months later.
    Then the ringlets started growing... lots of them!
    I've had poofy huge 3C/4A hair ever since...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • HotroxHotrox Registered Users Posts: 26
    Me Me Me :toothy10:

I had poker straight hair until I was about 14, I then had a short hair cut and when it grew back it was curly and its started getting curlier last year when I turned 30........

Hair dresser seems to think its hormones, I'm just praying its not an early menopause
    Curl type: 3a
    Texture: normal
    Porosity: normal
    CG: Since 15th June 2010, abandoned on the 19th. Modified CG since 20th June.........

Low Poo: Aurstalia Organics
    CO: Natures Gate mosituring condish
    Style: V05 Wavy Gel
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    my daughter was born with straight dark hair. it started changing around the time she was 1--it got lighter and curlier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file