Crunch that wont scrunch?

09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
I've tried loads of gels and they used to be fine. Easy to srunch out, resulting in perfectly soft curls but all of a sudden it just wont scrunch out!!. It leaves parts of my hair still really crunchy and looks awful....helppp!!
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• spookyspooky Posts: 10Registered Users
    I recently got Foxy Curls Contour Cream by Bed Head and it's awesome. Not only does it smell like Skittles, but it isn't crunchy! Not sure if it is available in stores though, I bought mine at my salon. But worth a look :D
    my hair is blue :)
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm always in search of crunch because for me crunch=hold. Two things that give me less crunch are 1. diffusing, and 2. using more/a more moisturizing leave-in.
    If you have recently changed either of these, maybe that is what is giving you the uncrunchables. :tongue1: Just my random guess.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I'm always in search of crunch because for me crunch=hold. Two things that give me less crunch are 1. diffusing, and 2. using more/a more moisturizing leave-in.
    If you have recently changed either of these, maybe that is what is giving you the uncrunchables. :tongue1: Just my random guess.

Oh i like crunch!! I love scrunching it out at the end and I am always gonna have hold If i have crunch but all of a sudden my hair just does not want to scrunch out at all!! Diffusing has help at all but I will try a new leave in.
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Try adding a leave in over your gel?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file