2a crown/2b for the rest - Starting CG with a question

erinoirerinoir Posts: 25Registered Users
Hello! I've been browsing the forums and am starting the CG method tomorrow. Should I do a cleansing baking powder or lemon juice rinse in the morning to get out any 'cones in my hair?

I'm new to curly-ness. My hair completely changed after my pregnancy with my son.

Here is day 0, following the styling advice in the CG book:

Photoon2010-05-24at1523.jpg

waves
Photoon2010-05-24at15232.jpg

Thanks much!
2a / 2b - fine hairs, lots of them
Rinse-out: Suave Naturals Coconut ~ Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
Styling: EcoStyler! & the icequeen method ~ DT: Hask H&P or Monoi Oil
Want to try: BotticelliBabe's FSG ~ Erinoir's CG Progress

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hello :hello2:,

You have really pretty hair!! I would probably use a sulfate shampoo to get rid of any cones. I think you can use any shampoo that has sulfates in it. I'm not sure if baking powder or lemon juice take out cones....

What other products are you going to use?
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • erinoirerinoir Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thanks for the quick reply and the compliment! I bought some Suave Naturals Coconut yesterday. As for the rest, I will need to use what I have on hand. For leave-in, I have Aussie 3-minute Miracle. For styling, I have Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse & Leave-In Conditioner, Clear Ice Protein Gel, and Aussie Shine Enhancing Gel - Sun-Touched Shine.

I didn't shampoo this morning as I hadn't seen the reply yet. I did use lemon juice in the Suave Naturals conditioner.
    2a / 2b - fine hairs, lots of them
    Rinse-out: Suave Naturals Coconut ~ Leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: EcoStyler! & the icequeen method ~ DT: Hask H&P or Monoi Oil
    Want to try: BotticelliBabe's FSG ~ Erinoir's CG Progress
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree. I'd start out with a sulfate shampoo with no cones. I don't think baking soda removes cones, and I doubt it would remove them efficiently.
    I love your long hair with its loose pretty waves. It looks to me like you may have fine hair??? If you do have fine hair, it would probably benefit from protein treatments. Sally beauty has a few reasonably priced ones.
    Good luck with your cg hair.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file