Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Receipe Needed PLEASE!

SpanishCurlsSpanishCurls Posts: 27Registered Users
Hi Guys! I will admit, I am not good in the kitchen. I want to make my husband chocolate chip cookies for Valentine's Day. Does anyone have easy to make receipes???? I also love the cookies to be the gooey, soft kind. I once made chocolate chip cookies like 5 years ago and they came out too crunchy.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!
Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c

Comments

• merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hi Mrs SpanishCurls,

If you want to go REALLY easy, just get a tube (they taste the same as homemade, imo) and cut the cookies twice as thick as what they call for. Then keep an eye on them in the oven, you should pull them out before they actually look done - they continue to bake a couple of minutes after you pull them out.

Also, make sure your oven is pre-heated, it make a big difference in how soft your cookies are.

Good luck!
  • SpanishCurlsSpanishCurls Posts: 27Registered Users
    Actually, I do want to make them from scratch. I want easy, but not that easy. Thank you Meryn, though, I DID think of that option, but I do want to make an effort. icon_smile.gif
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    Gotcha. icon_smile.gif
    In that case, these are easy, and delish (its from Hershey's)

You can leave out these orange, but I thought it really added to the flavor.

Orange Chocolate Drop Cookies
    Makes 2 dozen

Ingredients   

1/4 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon orange zest
    1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1 cup HERSHEY'S ® BAKE SHOPPE ™ Semisweet Chocolate Chips

Directions   
    1 Heat oven to 375 F.
    2 Beat butter in medium bowl; gradually add brown sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg, orange peel and juice; beat until smooth. Add biscuit mix, mixing well; stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
    3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
    Thanks Meryn! I'm not sure if my husband likes orange, so I may take that aspect out of the receipe. Otherwise, it sounds fairly easy and fool proof.... I hope!!!

Thank you again! (and my husband thanks you too).

If anyone else has other receipes or baking advice for me...please feel free!!!!
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    The easiest way to make them is get the recipe off of the Nestle Toll House bag of chocolate chips. It has a basic yummy recipe for chocolate chip cookies on it.

I like my cookies soft (think medium-rare) and gooey, so I always undercook them a little.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
    Just wanted to report that my cookies came out AMAZING!!!! I am still in shock!!! I used the recipe on the Tollhouse chocolate chip bag but didn't use any nuts and added a little more vanilla than the recipe called for. My husband and I have been eating these cookies nonstop for the past 2 days!!!

Thanks Meryn and Mazey for replying to this thread icon_biggrin.gif

PS, I also made lasagna for the 1st time on V day as well. That also came out amazing as well. Like I said earlier, I am not a cook, but I can follow recipes pretty well.
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mrs. SpanishCurls:
    Just wanted to report that my cookies came out AMAZING!!!! I am still in shock!!! I used the recipe on the Tollhouse chocolate chip bag but didn't use any nuts and added a little more vanilla than the recipe called for. My husband and I have been eating these cookies nonstop for the past 2 days!!!

Thanks Meryn and Mazey for replying to this thread icon_biggrin.gif

PS, I also made lasagna for the 1st time on V day as well. That also came out amazing as well. Like I said earlier, I am not a cook, but I can follow recipes pretty well.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you have it whipped! If you can follow a recipe, you can cook. I don't know a single AWESOME cook who can just go off and BAM like Emeril or whatever. The recipe is there for a reason in my opinion! icon_biggrin.gif

For the record, my fave chocolate chip cookie recipe is off the Nestle chip bag too. I always soften the butter by putting the mixing bowl in the oven - it makes the dough come out almost silky.

My fave variation is to replace three tablespoons of the flour with three tablespoons of cocoa. YUM! icon_biggrin.gif

I also double the vanilla that's called for in any recipe - I love vanilla. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I'm glad all went well. I hope it gives you the confidence to cook and bake more!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • mangomango Posts: 60Registered Users
    Sounds good! Can someone post the recipe, we don't hav Toll House choccie chips over here...
    3b/c
    Mango, I don't have the actual bag anymore, but I did a search online and found this:

2 1/4 Cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter/margarine softened
    3/4 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    2 cups chocolate chips (I used the entire tollhouse bag)
    1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

mix all of the dry, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy add eggs one at a time, gradually mix in dry ingredients, stir in chocolate chips

bake for 9 to 11 minutes at 375 f

I think that was the same receipe I used. I did not use any nuts and I used extra vanilla and that (to me) made a huge difference.

PartyHair- thanks! I also made lasagna for the 1st time (followed a receipe) and it came out good too! We ate it for 3 days nonstop! My issue is that I'm just not sure what to cook- where to find easy, healthy receipes.
    Mrs. SpanishCurls 3b/c
  • mangomango Posts: 60Registered Users
    Thanks Mrs. Spanish Curls. I can't wait to whip up a batch this weekend!
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file