Best pink lipstick?

automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
I'm looking for more of a matte shade. Not a frosty pink, either, just something that gives your lips a little blush. Does that kind of lipstick exist? :lol:

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Curl Connoisseur Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    matte is going to give you coverage, not a little blush.

you want a sheerer formula if you want a little blush.

here are some good MAC pinks:

Pretty Please
    Politely Pink
    Pervette
    Bombshell
    Snob
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Curl Connoisseur Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i forgot one...

Viva Glam Lady Gaga edition

(if you can find it)
    My blog:

• heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    I like the shade Blushed by Revlon. Not too pink but has a nice color.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Thanks!

Rou, have you tried MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcolor?
  • EilonwyEilonwy Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cosmo by MAC is a neutral, slightly brownish pink that's natural yet noticeable. It's got an "amplified creme" finish, which is semi-matte. I find it a little drying.

Do you want a cool, neutral, or warm pink?

i have, sweetie, but i find all those long-wearing ones are so drying, so i'm just a dedicated re-applier!

:lol:

but if that's something you're interested in Durashell might be a nice shade.
    My blog:

Eilonwy wrote: »
    Do you want a cool, neutral, or warm pink?

Most of my lipstick shades are neutral or warm. :)

I'm usually so good at choosing colors for myself, but light pink is a bit of a challenge. It seems like it can go so wrong so easily.
    rouquinne wrote: »

i have, sweetie, but i find all those long-wearing ones are so drying, so i'm just a dedicated re-applier!

Bummer, I was hoping MAC would be different from the drugstore brands I've tried. They end up looking awful after the second or third time you reapply the gloss that comes with it.

CoverGirl's lip stain, the one that's basically a marker, seems to work better. You still need gloss over it, but it doesn't pill.

As for regular lipstick, I've been a Clinique devotee so I was surprised to see MAC's is the same price! That brand is so popular I thought it'd be more spendy.
  • CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    I like NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Bettina" for when I want a slight blush color ( my lips only better type ). I bought mine at Sephoria. It last a little longer than regular lipstick. I like that its matte and I can add clear gloss on top if I want some shine.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • The New BlackThe New Black Curl Connoisseur Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mac's Syrup is a nice pink. But it might not be light enough for you - or matte enough. Mac's Lovelorn is a lighter and more matte pink.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • VTmomVTmom Curl Connoisseur Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Tender Pink by L'Oreal is pretty good and so is Rose Velvet by Revlon, although that one's a little deeper than just a pink.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    CoverGirl's lip stain, the one that's basically a marker, seems to work better.

MAC has these - they're new this spring - lip stain in marker pens. the pink shades look REALLY bright, but i'd be willing to bet they go on very sheer.
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file