CG product?

rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
I've been trying to figure out if a particular product is CG or not. I'm thinking not but I'm hopeful since I love the way it used to work with my hair. Of course that was back when I used a sulfate shampoo so who knows now. Anyway, here's the ingredient list. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

American Culture Versatility Flexible Smoothing Potion

Water (Aqua), Guar Hydroxy-propyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-18, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100, Stearate, PVP, Amodi-methicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl paraben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730).
2B - Fine (but lots of it) Texture, High Porosity
Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
8-))

Comments

• smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    Not exactly, the Amodimethicone is in fact a cone, althought it's supposedly water-soluble. Some curlies can use it just fine, while others report build up problems, so it depends on your hair whether you can use it without needing to low-poo. I personally don't mind it, and haven't experienced any build up problems with it. HTH :)
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography
  • rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    Thanks very much! I'm going to give it a try. This is my second try at CG so I'm trying to be very careful at what I put in my hair. The first time I went CG, I wasn't able to give up shampooing every day but I did make the move to a non-sulfate shampoo. Now I'm trying to make the move to co-washing. I've always had a very oily scalp (and skin), so I may need a low-poo on a regular basis regardless of the build up.

I've been using the LA Looks Sport Gel, but my hair is so short now that when I SOTC my hair is HUGE. I'm hoping a cream will put just enough weight on the curls to turn them into waves so I'll have less shrinkage. I also prefer to pull out the curl a little so my hair is more uniform because normally I'll have a big fat curl just to a stick straight piece. When my hair was longer, I combed out the curl after my shower and it dried into nice, lovely waves. But now, with the shorter hair, the hair itself doesn't have enough weight to pull it down into nice waves.

Am I the only one who prefers waves to curls? :laughing6:
    Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
    8-))
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    rfe wrote: »
    Thanks very much! I'm going to give it a try. This is my second try at CG so I'm trying to be very careful at what I put in my hair. The first time I went CG, I wasn't able to give up shampooing every day but I did make the move to a non-sulfate shampoo. Now I'm trying to make the move to co-washing. I've always had a very oily scalp (and skin), so I may need a low-poo on a regular basis regardless of the build up.

I've been using the LA Looks Sport Gel, but my hair is so short now that when I SOTC my hair is HUGE. I'm hoping a cream will put just enough weight on the curls to turn them into waves so I'll have less shrinkage. I also prefer to pull out the curl a little so my hair is more uniform because normally I'll have a big fat curl just to a stick straight piece. When my hair was longer, I combed out the curl after my shower and it dried into nice, lovely waves. But now, with the shorter hair, the hair itself doesn't have enough weight to pull it down into nice waves.

Am I the only one who prefers waves to curls? :laughing6:
    Rfe, if you're concerned about giving up lowpoos, I'd suggest you try cleansing conditioners for cowashing. I know Spiral Solutions is coming out with one, and I LOVE Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I've used it every time I've washed the past month or so, and I'm getting to the point where I don't really need a rinse-out most of the time (I never thought I'd see that day). It also cleans my scalp MUCH better than normal co-washing, and some low-poos.

Just a suggestion! It's kind of pricey, but Kathymack sells samples of it, which is how I determined that I was willing to spend the cash on a full sized bottle (that is just under half full after 2 months).
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    Thanks for the suggestion - I need all the help I can get! I'm definitely concerned about giving up shampooing! I've always had really oily skin, so I'm really sensitive to not "feeling clean." Put it this way, whenever I get a massage, I can't wait to get home to wash all that oil off - can't stand it! My husband has really dry skin and loves the oil and always laughs at me for being so grossed out over it!

Today I used my husband's Suave Naturals as a cowash. (His hair is super straight but really dry and he uses no product so he went to cowashing a few months ago and loves it.) My roots feel a little greasy, but not bad. The ends though, oh wow, I had no idea how dry they were! They are fried! Makes sense though considering I've been flat ironing the ends ever since getting this horrible haircut back in October.

I think I'll go start a new thread about co-washing because I think I'm confused...
    8-))
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know Spiral Solutions is coming out with one, and I LOVE Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I've used it every time I've washed the past month or so, and I'm getting to the point where I don't really need a rinse-out most of the time (I never thought I'd see that day). It also cleans my scalp MUCH better than normal co-washing, and some low-poos.
    Now I'm even more motivated to try a cleansing conditioner. You had me at " I don't really need a rinse-out most of the time". :toothy3:
    (His hair is super straight but really dry and he uses no product so he went to cowashing a few months ago and loves it.)
    Ha! I suspected the curly girl method is not just for curlies.
    The ends though, oh wow, I had no idea how dry they were! They are fried! Makes sense though considering I've been flat ironing the ends ever since getting this horrible haircut back in October.
    Have you tried a PT? protein can help your hair hang on to moisture. People with fine hair also tend to like protein.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file