Growing out with or without relaxed/texturized ends

taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
Will hair grow faster if the relaxed/texturized parts/ends are cut, or will it grow at the same pace regardless of whether the chemically processed ends are cut or kept.
In other words, will cutting of all the chemically processed ends make ones hair grow faster, or will it grow at the same rate as it would if just transitioning ?

Comments

• MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    It will grow at the same rate, however, the two different textures (natural and chemically processed) they require different caring techniques. If you are not careful with the two breakage will negate the growth.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    Thanks MissConstructed.
    What would proper care be ?
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Registered Users Posts: 356
    I agree with MissConstructed.

For care, I would recomend being extremely gentle with your hair and taking your time. You dont want the relaxed ends to break off. Most of the time I wore head scarves and twisted my hair underneath. I also wore twists and roller sets.

Your main goal should be to protect your hair as much as you can during your transition. If the relaxed ends start to break off from maltreatment or neglect then your will be forced to cutt off the rest.

good luck!
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen

event.png

event.png

event.png
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Registered Users Posts: 643
    I am growing out a texturizer- the last time was March of this year. It's a bit better for me, because at least the chemically treated hair is wavy, and not stick straight. A texturizer does leave random textures all over your head, though- some pieces are straight, some wavy, some curly....it's what inspired me to grow it out in the first place. I want my own natural texture from roots to ends! That being said, I have been doing wash and goes, and moisture, moisture, MOISTURE! I like Qhemet AOHC and BRBC, and curl junkie prods...I don't do too much manipulation, and when I see an end piece that looks real stringy/wispy, I take a very sharp hair scissors and clip it off...HTH. Good luck
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file