Non comedogenic moisturizer with SPF?

pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
Hey all,

I'm searching for a reasonably priced moisturizer for my face that wont make me break out, with SPF. It has to be available at a drugstore cause I need it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD

Comments

• helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    You know, olive oil is a good moisturizer.
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    Oil Of Olay Complete Moisturizer w. spf 15.. comes in dry, combo, sensitive or normal. One of the best moisturizers ive used. I have pretty bad acne and i starting using this in sensitive because i was using benzoyl peoxide. I stopped the bp and just used this with their gentle foaming wash alone and my skin has remained clear aside from the occasional bumps ! Very good
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Reeky wrote: »
    Oil Of Olay Complete Moisturizer w. spf 15.. comes in dry, combo, sensitive or normal. One of the best moisturizers ive used. I have pretty bad acne and i starting using this in sensitive because i was using benzoyl peoxide. I stopped the bp and just used this with their gentle foaming wash alone and my skin has remained clear aside from the occasional bumps ! Very good

+1

I also like the one in sensitive. One of the only ones that doesn't break me out and is still easy enough to spread on without leaving a white film.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oil of Olay is good.
    I don't like the St. Ives Mineral stuff.
    Dove is ok.

Right now I'm using Mario Badescu, but it's pricey. Love it though.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You know, olive oil is a good moisturizer.

she's asked for one with a sun protection factor.

Neutrogena Healthy Defense is good.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • dandydandy Posts: 346Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    Reeky wrote: »

+1

I also like the one in sensitive. One of the only ones that doesn't break me out and is still easy enough to spread on without leaving a white film.

me too!
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also use Olay SPF 15 moisturiser for sensitive skin. It doesn't seem to break me out, it feels nice and is a good price. If it had SPF 30 it would be perfect.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! I will be sure to try the oil of olay!
    3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash

I <3 satin XD
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just started using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 70 and I think it's moisturizing. Works well under makeup giving slightly dewy finish but not shiny or oily.

ETA: Sorry, just saw the part about no SPF wanted. I have had good results with Solvere (very good when I have tendency toward acne), and Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Day Lotion. I have Complex 15 on deck to try when I use up my Solvere.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I just started using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 70 and I think it's moisturizing. Works well under makeup giving slightly dewy finish but not shiny or oily.

ETA: Sorry, just saw the part about no SPF wanted. I have had good results with Solvere (very good when I have tendency toward acne), and Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Day Lotion. I have Complex 15 on deck to try when I use up my Solvere.

Actually my post said I did want SPF, so thanks

Water wash

I <3 satin XD
  • nicoletinicoleti Posts: 15Registered Users
    I would have dittoed the Olay Complete recs, but they changed their formula and I'm not a fan of it. I actually just bought the Eucerin Everyday Moisturizer, so we'll see how that goes. Plus it has the added advantage of being SPF 30.
    3a F/M ii low/normal porosity
    dark brown/slightly past shoulder length hair

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nicoleti wrote: »
    I would have dittoed the Olay Complete recs, but they changed their formula and I'm not a fan of it. I actually just bought the Eucerin Everyday Moisturizer, so we'll see how that goes. Plus it has the added advantage of being SPF 30.

I, too, don't care for the new formula of Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin. Olay apparently heard from enough disgruntled users that they're bringing back the old formula. I found this in the review section on olay.com:

Response from Olay:
    By Dee, Consumer Care, February 12, 2010

Sorry you were disappointed with the new Complete Sensitive Skin Formula. We've extensively tested this product for safety and wouldn't expect it to cause breakouts. We’d like to gather additional information for our Health & Safety Team. Please call us at 1-800-395-0737.

Also, like you've already heard, we recently decided to relaunch our Original Sensitive version. Although our newest formula with Skin shield technology is safe and has strong UV protection, we realize the original sensitive version with its gentle formula better meets the needs of our Complete Sensitive users. The original version will be widely available in April 2010 and will say “Classic Gentle Formula”. Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

2poodles wrote: »
    nicoleti wrote: »

I, too, don't care for the new formula of Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin. Olay apparently heard from enough disgruntled users that they're bringing back the old formula. I found this in the review section on olay.com:

Response from Olay:
    By Dee, Consumer Care, February 12, 2010

Sorry you were disappointed with the new Complete Sensitive Skin Formula. We've extensively tested this product for safety and wouldn't expect it to cause breakouts. We’d like to gather additional information for our Health & Safety Team. Please call us at 1-800-395-0737.

Also, like you've already heard, we recently decided to relaunch our Original Sensitive version. Although our newest formula with Skin shield technology is safe and has strong UV protection, we realize the original sensitive version with its gentle formula better meets the needs of our Complete Sensitive users. The original version will be widely available in April 2010 and will say “Classic Gentle Formula”. Hope this helps!

oooh that is soo cool!
    let me know how the eucerine goes.. it had great reviews from the cosmetic cop..
    i used to use the cetaphil spf one... it is good for no breakouts.. i dont know why i didnt like it more .. i never bought another bottle... maybe cos it felt too thin when i put it on.
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
    i have a beautypedia subscription this is what i got for best spf moisturizers at the cheaper end...
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    dandy wrote: »
    i have a beautypedia subscription this is what i got for best spf moisturizers at the cheaper end...
    Cool!

I use Aveeno Calming moisturizer with SPF. I really like it, and tell myself that my skin is much less red than it was before I started using it.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • IvytwineIvytwine Posts: 25Registered Users
    VTmom wrote: »
    I like Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30.

+1. It's formulated for sensitive skin and states that it's non-comedogenic. I love that it contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide yet doesn't leave any chalky residue and feels pretty light going on. Hardly any scent. HTH

ETA: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=79531&catid=21503
    I had been using the Eucerin Moisturizer for a couple months now and although it is fine as a sunscreen, it is not practical for daily use. It takes me a while to rub it in and I always have to check for white streaks. In addition my face ends up looking chalky. I recently switched to Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 30 which I like so much more (although it is a lot more expensive). It is much less streaky and easy to apply. Also, the finish is more matte, which I prefer.

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I've been using Olay's Complete SPF 30 Defense Daily UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin for a while now and am very happy with it.
    http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/complete/spf-facial-moisturizer?pid=075609011023
  • Classy10Classy10 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I've had problems with white-streaky sunscreen before too. It's annoying, but at least you know the Eucerin with SPF is thick and working! If you still have some of the Eucerin left, I'd recommend cutting it with a non-SPF lotion to thin it out a bit. Then you can use the rest and not waste it.
    I've actually been using the Eucerin for my neck and arms, where it does not feel too thick at all. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file