Salicylic Acid Question

ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
I just received my SA from Diana Yvonne (as well as the Wheat Germ Cleanser), I read the directions but how do you all use it. Do you just leave it the 2-3 minutes it says? Or let it dry and then put a moisturizer?
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I leave it on. I don't usually need a moisturizer, but if you do, wait a while (20-30 minutes) after applying the SA before you put it on. This SA has a pH of 1.9 so you need to give your skin time to get back to its normal pH level in order to get the maximum benefits from the SA. Good luck -- I use it religiously and really like it.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I don't leave myself enough time in the morning so I follow the directions on the bottle. Sometimes I wait just long enough for it to dry, then put on moisturizer without rinsing.

It still helps, but probably not as effective as leaving it on.

Now I gotta get home and try it VTmom's way. :toothy10:
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I've been doing it VTmom's way, and lately I haven't needed a moisturizer. That is really weird for me. But I do use a bit at night.

Do you apply with a cotton ball? I try to use my hand but I spill too much and waste it.
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
    I prefer using a cotton pad, but I know others that prefer to pour a bit into the palm of their hand and spread it. Whatever works best for you.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like to waste expensive product, so I drop serums directly onto my skin from a dropper and spread it around with my fingers. No need to rub.

Dianayvonne SA comes in a flip-top bottle, so I transfer it into a dropper to apply easier. PSF SA comes in a dropper bottle already.
    No need to rub.
    I find it very soothing and refreshing to spread w/the cotton pad. I don't rub.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file